Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expecting a blizzard tonight and tomorrow here in NY followed by single digit temperatures. I'm all ready with my new snow blower that I bought after last year's blizzard. Bring it on. :knockout:

Everyone else ready?

Be safe.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Expecting a blizzard tonight and tomorrow here in NY followed by single digit temperatures. I'm all ready with my new snow blower that I bought after last year's blizzard. Bring it on. :knockout:

Everyone else ready?

Be safe.
Yep you'll be able to get out and make it as far as the street. Then what? :poke:

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts

Everyone else ready?

Be safe.
Ready? I've already worn out a shovel and put ten gallons of fuel through my snowblower. :p

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
You guys get the snow, we get floods. This island's about to sink (again).

The UK comes to a complete flipping standstill if there's half an inch of slush on the ground. Trains stop, Heathrow grinds to a standstill, the BBC starts frothing at the mouth, no one knows how to drive anymore and everyone starts wringing their hands and gets into a panic. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I always find it cute when Americans talk about winter storms. We've already got a couple of feet on the ground and it was -33 C last night. But seriously, I hear it's supposed to be bad, be careful out there. I'm counting the days until I head to "de island".

--Deviant? Maybe, but not dangerous.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yea been getting hit since early this morning. Any where from 4" to 12+" depending on how the drifts pile up. Went out with the lawn tractor w/32" snowblower around 1:30 today. Just looked out and couldn't tell anything has been plowed. The wind is between 20-38mph and blowing the snow all around. Plus where supposed to get lake effect snow after this storm goes by.

Thing is my wife is a Hospice RN and may have to go out in this stuff. I told her I'd be driving her around. I just put some killer snow/ice and slush tires on my Freestar mini van and I've tried to get stuck and can't. I do like driving in weather like this though once my vehicle is setup. I've been snow running like since the seventies, even xcountry in some really big storms. Yes have some great stories, and I'm still alive. What luck! uh?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Still riding my bird, trouble is she's going rusty, specially round the brakes, bolt heads mainly. Come to think of it, so am I...:crap:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts

The UK comes to a complete flipping standstill if there's half an inch of slush on the ground. Trains stop, Heathrow grinds to a standstill, the BBC starts frothing at the mouth, no one knows how to drive anymore and everyone starts wringing their hands and gets into a panic. Sheesh.
Same here with the first snowfall,driving that is.Although we did have some flooding this year,just ask a Calgarian...

·
Need 4 speed = Food 4 thought!
719 Posts
We have great weather here in Holland.
This week is the warmest first week of Januari ever, and it's mostly dry.
I am not looking forward to the winter, I know it will come back with a vengeance.

We did see on TV how cold it is in the USA, and how wet and stormy with our neighbours (the UK and Belgium). Sorry for you guys.....

·
Registered
534 Posts
No snow down here on the gulf coast but it sure is cold on my ride to the office this afternoon. It was sunny and about 35F and the wind was pushing me around in my own lane, stupid wind. I leave here at midnight and it's projected to be about 16F with the same 15mph winds. No heated gear, just layers. Good thing my commute isn't that long. When I get home, I'm gonna have let my balls drop and soak them in a cup of hot chocolate.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Contev
Did 4 years in gula. The ride across from De'iberville to the base through Ocean Springs on 90 could get a bit brisk.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Yea been getting hit since early this morning. Any where from 4" to 12+" depending on how the drifts pile up. Went out with the lawn tractor w/32" snowblower around 1:30 today. Just looked out and couldn't tell anything has been plowed. The wind is between 20-38mph and blowing the snow all around. Plus where supposed to get lake effect snow after this storm goes by.

Thing is my wife is a Hospice RN and may have to go out in this stuff. I told her I'd be driving her around. I just put some killer snow/ice and slush tires on my Freestar mini van and I've tried to get stuck and can't. I do like driving in weather like this though once my vehicle is setup. I've been snow running like since the seventies, even xcountry in some really big storms. Yes have some great stories, and I'm still alive. What luck! uh?
I have snow tires on all fours of both cars. No snow though:) Also I like the RWD of my Infiniti. The last time we had too much snow to drive, in a really safe manner, I took her to and frow. She in health care and has to go to work, same as my all my kids. Hate to be back East or on the the Prairies at this time. Minus 40 is cold!!

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
THAT'S why I moved south!!

...ok, actually I didn't have a choice, but that's besides the point! I actually miss the snow!

·
Registered
86 Posts

Perhaps you would like some advice from down under??

·
Registered
86 Posts
We have great weather here in Holland.
This week is the warmest first week of Januari ever, and it's mostly dry.
I am not looking forward to the winter, I know it will come back with a vengeance.

We did see on TV how cold it is in the USA, and how wet and stormy with our neighbours (the UK and Belgium). Sorry for you guys.....
The winter is waiting for me... Ill be there May and June this year

·
Registered
723 Posts
No snow down here on the gulf coast but it sure is cold on my ride to the office this afternoon. It was sunny and about 35F and the wind was pushing me around in my own lane, stupid wind. I leave here at midnight and it's projected to be about 16F with the same 15mph winds. No heated gear, just layers. Good thing my commute isn't that long. When I get home, I'm gonna have let my balls drop and soak them in a cup of hot chocolate.
It's been unseasonably cold here. (For us Floridians)This mornings commute was at 39• & they're calling for 36• tomorrow. I'll be riding with my Carhart overall bibs on. People here call me crazy for riding in this weather while I let my truck sit in the driveway. I layer & stay pretty warm, but I don't know how my co worker can ride his Harley everyday without a helmet or windshield.
Contev Did 4 years in gula. The ride across from De'iberville to the base through Ocean Springs on 90 could get a bit brisk.
I lived I'm Gula myself back in late '91 while in the Navy. My ship was in dry dock at Litton Ingalls shipyard. As soon as we got back to Norfolk Va. I bought my first bike, a 1988 Ninja 600.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts