Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my first ride of 2013. Rode to work. It felt good being back on the bike after what seemed to be a long winter. Tropical storm (actually last October), blizzard in February (dumped 33 inches on my town), really cold temperatures and road icing all contributed to a delayed start to my riding. Not to mention the family duties which we all know grow in magnitude as life goes on.

It's funny, 2 days after the aforementioned blizzard I bought a snowblower. It didn't snow again. :rotfl:

So how was your winter? Have you been able to ride yet this year?

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Winter was wet in the Pacific NorthWest, it always is, just ask our Washington State members. I started to ride the last weekend in March, one week earlier than last year. But we were teased with several days of sun then the rain rolled in again. Just waiting for the next sunny day. If I put one more coat of wax on my Bird I'll rub her down to the undercoat. I've take out the QTips for some detailing. It felt good to ride again. I'm getting used to the 1" lowering link but have to now decide if I will ditch the centre stand. I have totally sorted out the tach issue but I'm not going to worry about it yet. It worked the last three rides. Time to take off the winter tires on two cars and put the summer tires on. I think it's time for a bit of gardening.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
And a magnifying glass b/c I'm 68 and need help with the small details. A clean Bird is a happy Bird.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Im right here with ya PJ. We didnt get as much snow as you did but it sure has been nice the last few days.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Glad you were able to get out. I'm still waiting. We did have a few beautiful days this past week, but too many appointments and evening meetings made riding to work impossible. Now tonight they're predicting sleet and colder temps. Still hoping to get out this weekend.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Not quite over yet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts