Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 98' XX two days before I left town(May 21, 09) for bike week and I'm totally impressed with this bike. From the day I saw it and sat on it I knew I had to have it so I waited patiently and saved while I sharpened my skills on a smaller bike until that day came. In one day time I had put 300miles on it riding up and down the beaches of the gulfcoast going from Biloxi to New Orleans. The smoothness at 180 for me unbelievable not to mention the handling on the roads. I'll own this bike forever and may even get another one day. I'm so glad I found this community with others who share the same feelings as I. See you on those two's!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Walldog, I thought I missed your intro, but realized it was from today, welcome to the site. You look like you've got a heck of deal. The carb versions from the specs have a little more umph in them than the FI but I won't get started on the fastest color and all that. Read that thread, it's insane. I'm up North but you need to get added to the ATL list w ArmyStrong, X1 and Rking, between us you should be able to ride with some of these guys. Get ready for the acknowledging head nods when people see your bike and realize what it is, it's a trip. Ride safe. // smurf

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Hi Walldog, and welcome.

·
"Lady Bird"
54 Posts
Hi and welcome - had mine (2000) for 4 months and just did my first rally a couple weeks ago - have new found respect for my "baby"
Enjoy !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hey Walldog :)

I too am amazed at the smoothness of the BB and also keep going wide on the bends, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end :)

Scraps.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
:welcome: Walldog, and congrats on "the acquisition"!
Did you say "the smoothness at 180?? :eek: That's good to know. I'm not too familiar with the smoothness over 140.:smilebig:
One of the offices I sometimes work outta is down the road from you, on 278 in Hiram. Right across from the Hooter's (which has a little bike night on Tuesdays, btw) on Wendy Bagwell Pky. Look forward to meetin up sometime w/some of the other Birds in the area!
Here's our very, local thread:
http://www.cbrxx.com/southeast-usa/8215-rdkng-x1rider-smurf-army-georgian-ramble.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts