Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a red BB two years ago and have finished replacing the main wiring loom in an attempt to solve my flashing Fi Code error 25.

it didnt

what is code 25 error and how do i fix the fn thing

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Suggested diagnosis plan is usually:
- check that ECU is not bouncing around, and is secured properly
- loom fix
- knock sensor replacement (this is what 25 is supposed to represent)
- if none of the above work, then unfortunately it means you've got a busted ECU

Think you'd started a thread when you bought the bike. There are a few resource threads people had posted at that time as well.

Cheers
Ravi

·
Registered
435 Posts
100% it's the ECU but do what ravi says in that order, but, after making sure the ECU is secure, make sure you clear all fault codes and ride it to confirm before going any further.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had the code 25 come on in France around 18 months ago, I run high octane fuel but on this day could only get low fat French unleaded and it came on after filling up.
On my return to the UK and running once again on full fat HO UK fuel the code went out ? Something that the knock sensor didn't like perhaps ?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Greetings taxman,

From reading your troubles peers to be your are a new member of The Code25 Club.
That is if all help mentioned above from other members doesn't work.
After clearing codes mine would start blinking 25 when 2000 rpm was hit. The rpm would drop 500 but still would run. I also did a knock sensor swap out unto no avail.
Ran it that way till a member from down where Ausblackbird lives PM'd me and had a spare for sale.
WOW!!! cause couldn't find one anywhere.
Hooked it up and 25 solved. Thought it ran ok with the 25 but he new one brought my babe back to life.
Also found out module from other country may work as well

In saying all of that may luck find you.

STex, out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Brother, will take a gander at what you suggested

Taxman Liverpool England

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Brother, will take a gander at what you suggested

Taxman Liverpool England

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. But the bike rides fine, só I think its a rotten Wire. We'll see. I just hope its not the ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry if I am reviving a slightly old post but I just wanted to share that my Code 25 fault seems to have fixed itself!

I ride a 2005 FI model which now has around 59,000km on the clock. The bike has a Power Commander and an O2 Eliminator fitted as well.

Back in January at around 54,000km the FI light came on when I was about 25km into my daily, each way, 36km commute. After that it started coming on progressively sooner each day. Strangely, I took a week off at one point and I managed to get about 20km into my first trip back to work before it lit up but pretty soon it just reverted to coming on after the first 1 or 2km.

I was completely satisfied that it was an ECM issue and not the knock sensor or the wiring loom as I actually have two 2005 bikes and when I swapped ECMs the bike ran perfectly (no FI light fault) and then as soon as I swapped them back it was coming on again almost straight away. I say "ran perfectly" but there was actually no discernible change in running between the fault light being on or off - no change in idle speed, no change in power delivery, no change in fuel consumption. I always us 95 octane and usually put just over 20 litres in after 360km.

Then, for no obvious reason, I started getting further into my trip each day before the FI light came on, and then, a week or so ago, I got all the way to work without the light coming on at all and it has not come on again since. I do have to admit that I have not done anything longer than my 36km commute since then but it still seems to have remedied itself to some extent.

Weird!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts