Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,552 Posts
Hi Dave, you say that double sided tape comes with the Unit. Do they indicate this is all that is needed to mount it? If so, maybe I should at least try that method before doing any drilling, when mine comes.

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,921 Posts
I have used it but I augment it with double sided sticky tape that I bought so more surface area is covered. I never have used screws.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Dave, you say that double sided tape comes with the Unit. Do they indicate this is all that is needed to mount it? If so, maybe I should at least try that method before doing any drilling, when mine comes.
Cheers pbz..... like xxguy says..... you can always add more, but it isn't necessary to screw it, I just over-engineer everything...... :rolleyes:. PS keep in mind the rear hugger is also worth it's weight in gold as it keeps crap out of your shockie area and also helps keep the dreaded 'loom fix' from needing to be done by stopping water from getting at the connector that causes some BB's to have electrical issues. It also looks :cool: lurking in there....... (y) You can just see it in this pic..... and my extenda fender and tip at the front..... the seat cowl is also carbon look but the angle to the sun makes it look glassy... I failed photography 101 on this shot :giggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Maybe late to the party but...he's a link to my carbon fiber Infinity fender extender. Some pictures related included.:

·
Registered
551 Posts
You may find that the FE is brushing against the middle v cowl as i had in this case when on full compression
So i had to put spacers under the FE to point it more down then the interference was gone
Paul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Aussie Dave, have you got any pictures. I like what you said. Just want to have a look and what you did and at the rear hugger.
The rear hugger is a good idea for the bird I reckon. It would stop water spraying everywhere. I got under there with a torch and found that the rear fender/wheel arch has square holes in it near the back that ultimately allow water to fly up and settle in the tool tray under the seat. That's crazy! Why would you design it like that. Maybe I should just find a way to fill them?
Anybody else seen this? Fixes? Or is that the reason people use huggers?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Super Moderator
12,663 Posts
For really heavy crudding up of radiators I have in the past used industrial condenser cleaner.
Spray on and it expands in a big foamy mass forcing the crud out. Need to do this outside and be able to hose the residue and foam away!

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
For really heavy crudding up of radiators I have in the past used industrial condenser cleaner.
Spray on and it expands in a big foamy mass forcing the crud out. Need to do this outside and be able to hose the residue and foam away! View attachment 130049 View attachment 130050
That product is perfect for radiators, by the looks of things. Thanks, I'll look for that, or the equivalent thereof, in Auatralia.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spray on and it expands in a big foamy mass forcing the crud out. Need to do this outside and be able to hose the residue and foam away! View attachment 130049 View attachment 130050
okay i tried a home use condenser cleaner and got a mild response so i had really hard baked on road crud i ended up spraying sulphuric acid on for 5mins it does the job but takes all the paint off

21 - 32 of 32 Posts