Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the other posts about this but didn't see any solutions.....

So I was doing about 65mph in 6th gear. I used the clutch and down shifted to 5th to pass a guy. The bike seemed to slip out of gear in to a false neutral then reved to 10k so I let off the throttle and reved it once more. The bike went back in to gear and seemed to start pulling again. At first I thought the chain popped off. I dropped it to 4th. Passed the guy and shifted back to 5th. No issue then to 6th no issue. I tried to down shift to see if it would happen again but it didn't. This has happened once before about 4 months ago.
Other posts say possible oil issue. I don't know. What do you think. The oil only has about 1000 miles on it. The clutch has about 2000 miles on it. Seems to happen when I give it the onions in 5th gear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happens to me occasionally, although for me it happens when i clutchless upshift and dont pull the shift lever all the way up.

The major concern is that your dog gears may have become worn or damaged. Keep an eye on it and see how often it pops out of gear and if you didnt quite pull or push the shift lever far enough.

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
This happens to me occasionally, although for me it happens when i clutchless upshift and dont pull the shift lever all the way up.

The major concern is that your dog gears may have become worn or damaged. Keep an eye on it and see how often it pops out of gear and if you didnt quite pull or push the shift lever far enough.
Before you go tearing anything apart. Put the bike on the center stand and check your foot travel when shifting. I'm betting your extending more than you think. So a simple position adjustment will probably fix the issue

Reactions: bikerian

·
Registered
644 Posts
Before you go tearing anything apart. Put the bike on the center stand and check your foot travel when shifting. I'm betting your extending more than you think. So a simple position adjustment will probably fix the issue
Indeed usually the detent star and selector forks were no fully home and you hearca crunching noise ofvthe dogs skidding over the female gear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts