Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Please see the photo below. My question is about the opening where the nail appears. I have the bolts that fit but not the fasteners to secure them. I there a part number or description that I can use at my local power sports retailer? Also, what do those two bolts actually do as there doesn't seem to be an actual connection to another fairing part ?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.
rg

Wheel Shoe Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
410 Posts
The first ones give you a nice flush finish.
The second ones are probably the type that were originally fitted. They can be difficult to remove, although they have a screwdriver head, the "screw" is sometimes just ribbed and not threaded, so wont screw out.
The third type are the ones I use, in 6mm form. The centre pin sticks out, but they are easy to remove and re-use.

HONDA FAIRING PANEL TRIM CLIPS RIVETS FASTENERS 6mm X10 | eBay
10x Motorcycle Clips Fairing Plastic Screw Rivets 6mm m6 Panel Trim fits Suzuki | eBay
Honda Motorcycle Fairing Plastic Pull Latch Rivet Clips pack 10 Fasteners | eBay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first ones give you a nice flush finish.
The second ones are probably the type that were originally fitted. They can be difficult to remove, although they have a screwdriver head, the "screw" is sometimes just ribbed and not threaded, so wont screw out.
The third type are the ones I use, in 6mm form. The centre pin sticks out, but they are easy to remove and re-use.

HONDA FAIRING PANEL TRIM CLIPS RIVETS FASTENERS 6mm X10 | eBay
10x Motorcycle Clips Fairing Plastic Screw Rivets 6mm m6 Panel Trim fits Suzuki | eBay
Honda Motorcycle Fairing Plastic Pull Latch Rivet Clips pack 10 Fasteners | eBay
Thanks much.

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
Yep
Shoulder bolts like the 3 that hold the lower to the upper nose. Nut plates in the 2 lower holes that the screw into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts