Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a fairing decal for the Bird? I have the '99 fuel injected model, so need the appropriate decal.

I have checked this site for leads from previous threads, but no luck sourcing anything.

If possible would prefer a supplier from here in the states.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Have you tried the dealer?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I bought off an ebay seller, he makes identical factory decals just let him know you need one, he mails from Bulgaria, he was fast and quick, I got an entire set and it is very very good quality. he claims the best on ebay, i don't doubt it

I bought a kit less the combined linked braking decals as I am delinked:) Pricey but you may be able to get one alone but I

CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird 2000 full decals stickers graphics set kit 00-01-02 | eBay

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Yes.

Me: "I need a fairing decal for a CBR1100 XX. A Blackbird. A '99, the fuel-injected model."
Dealer: "Try the internet."
Hmm. Last time I enquired at my dealer they decals were still available from Honda. Perhaps that has changed.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
A Honda dealer said that?

And you will have to buy in the USA because your decals were different,namely the big "CBR XX" one that says 'pgm-fi" instead of "super blackbird".

And I'm fairly sure they are available still.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the help on the fairing decal....

After a few dead-ends I went back to the dealer and sought out the "head" parts guy...and he sourced the decal for me. Spendy, but one is on the way.

I guess the lesson is to be persistent and find the best, most-experienced service person you can!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thanks all for the help on the fairing decal....

After a few dead-ends I went back to the dealer and sought out the "head" parts guy...and he sourced the decal for me. Spendy, but one is on the way.

I guess the lesson is to be persistent and find the best, most-experienced service person you can!
How much was the decal

·
The Original Bird Watcher
449 Posts
I see you have your decals but for future reference I use these guys. They send them out of Malta but you rarely wait any longer than a week for them. I've been buying decals off them for years and they have never let me down. They have all the different decals for all different years.

High Quality Decals for Honda Blackbird Decals and Stickers 98

·
Registered
259 Posts
A Honda dealer said that?

And you will have to buy in the USA because your decals were different,namely the big "CBR XX" one that says 'pgm-fi" instead of "super blackbird".

And I'm fairly sure they are available still.
Still available though - yes. I went to the shop today and saw mine - they came from Japan for my Candy Blue Bird in under a month. However - they seem to have changed the OEM decals somehow as they now have a colour scheme that's trying to look like originals but really doesn't at all. Right part number for my Blue Bird, but even my dealer knew they weren't right. They didn't make me pay and said they'd call Honda. Guess I'm saying - be careful before ordering OEM b/c the OEM's that arrived for me today were all wrong.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Okay, not that I want to hijack a thread but some things are just not adding up for me in regards to my bike and some questions/comments that I have asked/made before. This one adds to the mix and now I have another question regarding decals. Let me give some history first.

I purchased my bike from the second owner 2 years ago and when I got it, it was in pristine condition. I came across a thread that indicated that 03 birds came with silver rims and yet mine had black. When I purchase the bike I did a history report to ensure it wasnt stolen and determined the bike was purchased new out of renfrew sports in Calgary Alberta and was traded in to a dealer in Vancouver the following year where the second owner purchased it. I contacted him regarding the black wheels and he said it came with them which goes against the silver wheel issue.

Now heres where the decal issue comes in, I purchased a new, but used left lower cowl out of the states which matches my right cowl exactly. I also ordered a new decal out of the states that matches the new cowl exactly. I confirmed that both part numbers from the micro-fiche for the canadian and us models were identical. Mine do not have the Super Blackbird on them, just the lowly pgm-fi :(

Does some guru want to take the torch on this and tell wtf i have LOL...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts