Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a replacement fairing for my 06 CBR1100XX. I have seen on some sites that fairings are labelled 96-02 and others 96-present. I understand that the 2006 decal has to be bought from a honda dealer but does anyone know if the fairings available on teh market certainly fit the 06 model even though some sites only say 96-02 (im assumming its because of the older decal style). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at the following two sites. I am based in Australia.

OzFairings
eBay My World - moto-777

here is the site that mentions the 96-07 model and the fairings basically look the same

Honda CBR 1100XX 1996-2007 - 96-07 Super Blackbird Fairings

·
Registered
551 Posts
All the fairings are the same threw out the years but the decals are the difference

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
All the fairings are the same threw out the years but the decals are the difference
Not 100% true man...:idunno:
The v-piece changed over when the bike went to inj. to allow for the ram air ducting. The inj v-piece fits the carvie fine, but not the other way round...:thumb:
There's also minnor changes I believe in the front cowl, where the carbie has the front mesh panel held on the inside. But I cannot be 100% on my latter statement!:idunno:

But a full set of plastics off ebay (or other similar source) will fit either carvie or inj as well!:thumb:

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im in the market for a replacement fairing for my 06 CBR1100XX. I have seen on some sites that fairings are labelled 96-02 and others 96-present. I understand that the 2006 decal has to be bought from a honda dealer but does anyone know if the fairings available on teh market certainly fit the 06 model even though some sites only say 96-02 (im assumming its because of the older decal style). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at the following two sites. I am based in Australia.

OzFairings
eBay My World - moto-777

here is the site that mentions the 96-07 model and the fairings basically look the same

Honda CBR 1100XX 1996-2007 - 96-07 Super Blackbird Fairings
Just a heads up I have ordered from Moto 777, I ordered a windscreen and it came busted. Wouldn't replace it nor would they refund my money. Also they shipped it in a garbage bag. Not to bad mouth anyone, just don't want something to happen and your money is wasted....

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Just a heads up I have ordered from Moto 777, I ordered a windscreen and it came busted. Wouldn't replace it nor would they refund my money. Also they shipped it in a garbage bag. Not to bad mouth anyone, just don't want something to happen and your money is wasted....
I bought my Double Bubble from Moto 777 and it came packaged in Bubble wrap and cardboard, there was no way it could get damaged in transit, about a week to get here, It was in perfect condition.

It was also thicker than the OEM and the one that the insurance company replaced it with,
Cheers,
Brian.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
:welcome: By the way,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for the replys it has been extremeley helpful. Ive actually joined this forum on behalf of my dad. He is a little internet and computer illiterate. He unfortunatley drop his bike after hitting an oil patch on the road that wasnt cleaned up properley and is trying to get his beloved Blackbird up and going again. I understand why, it is such an awesome bike. I plan on getting one in the near future also. Cheers again everyone for the help and the welcome

·
Just call me Mike
4,430 Posts
i suppose it depends on the shipper.... same company, just independant sellers... anyway, i e-mailed them and asked if i could get a colour sampe (hopefully they got an actual piece of fairing) and see how the original colour matches up

·
Registered
213 Posts
I purchased a kit from Moto777. The fairing itself was reasonable but the colour was completely wrong. Not a bad colour just wrong and not candy. I was only going to use the RH lower and the upper but the tabs at the bottom are installed the opposite way around so the new RH lower does not match up to the original LH lower. They weren't very helpfull and now I am considering replacing the RH lower with a genuine and repairing the upper.

I have a chinese one going cheap if you are interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased a kit from Moto777. The fairing itself was reasonable but the colour was completely wrong. Not a bad colour just wrong and not candy. I was only going to use the RH lower and the upper but the tabs at the bottom are installed the opposite way around so the new RH lower does not match up to the original LH lower. They weren't very helpfull and now I am considering replacing the RH lower with a genuine and repairing the upper.

I have a chinese one going cheap if you are interested.
If that chinese one is black, I might be interested. Some sm**k tipped my bike over...

·
Registered
540 Posts
There's also minnor changes I believe in the front cowl, where the carbie has the front mesh panel held on the inside. But I cannot be 100% on my latter statement!
Correct. I have a 99 upper cowl for my 98 and the mounting tabs for the intake moulding do not line up. The cowl is marked where the tabs should be. I'll just plastic weld in a new one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
not marked. it´s the fact that they have different inserts in the steel mold.
The tabs are welded on after the moulding process. The line marks are in place as a guide for the person welding the tabs on. Trust me, I'm a security guard :D lol

·
youfly2
331 Posts
not to the wise go with automarts body great fit and beautiful paint was valued about 1500 for custom graphics! payed 560.oo us shipped to the door

1 - 20 of 20 Posts