Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped for a break today and on returning to the bike I noticed the big fairing bolt at the top rear of the right hand side panel is missing :mad:

Any tips on the best place to get one, are they still available from Honda?

Any advice very gratefully accepted.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,161 Posts
Stopped for a break today and on returning to the bike I noticed the big fairing bolt at the top rear of the right hand side panel is missing :mad:

I was missing two out of my tail cowl. I didn't torque them enough. I went to my dealer and bought two for $3.00 each.

Hondapartsnation.com will have them too. But you pay shipping. My dealer matches their price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Partsguy

·
Registered
856 Posts
+1 re Biker Bling for non OEM

David Silver Spares or Fowlers for OEM

eBay too…

Also ask yourself why you are missing one… theft, not enough torque, stripped thread etc just in case you need to fix something else you'll simply lose the next one too (like I've done a few times… doh!)

·
Registered
416 Posts

Hello, again Fellow Fighter Pilot! There seems to be quite a few places that you still score those bolts...
One place I often use with half-decent prices when I can't find what I need anywhere else! and relatively fast shipping. Zero complaints.

·
Registered
856 Posts
… One place I often use with half-decent prices when I can't find what I need anywhere else! and relatively fast shipping. Zero complaints...
Good pricing ($2.84) but horrendous quote for shipping to UK ($25). Wonder if talking to tgem directly could get a sensible postage price?

·
Registered
336 Posts
you might also keep an eye on ebay listings for a "lot" or "box" of bolts from a teardown. nice to have spares of whatever...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies and info!

I was luck enough to find an almost full set of used ones on E-Bay for £35. A bit corroded, but a bit of polishing with the aid of a drill and the replacement looks great!! :)

Now I've got some spares as well and even some of the plastic fasteners, so this cloud has a silver lining :):)

I did see the Biker Bling ones and while they do look very good, I'd probably not have been happy just knowing that all the bolts weren't matching exactly. But if I needed a full set, I'd definitely go for them.

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
I've got 4 sets of those fasteners and I can say that you can't see a difference between them unless they are laying side by side.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I replaced all of my old bolts with stainless steel countersunk bolts with aluminium countersunk washers. Not too many different sizes but they still look good.

·
Registered
856 Posts
All I'd say re replacement furniture and fixtures is you get what you pay for i.e. quality is always worth paying for (assuming avoiding scams). False economy otherwise (albeit medium to long term).

I for one will now always treat my BB to the metalwork she deserves to keep her pukka.

PS I'd like to say "pukka" is a Brit thing but in reality its a Brit/ Raj/ India thing:

Pukka (Hindi पक्का, Urdu پكّا pakkā) is a word of Hindi and Urdu origin literally meaning "cooked, ripe" and figuratively "fully formed", "solid", "permanent", "for real" or "sure". In UK slang, it can mean "genuine" or simply "very good".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts