·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Not been on here for a while, thats because everything is was going great
Charging sorted Bird performing extremely well until this morning
Went to fuel up, filled with fuel put my tank bag back on and started the Bird
No problem fired up as it always does, i went to reset my trip counter by pushing the small rubber button (2004 Bird)
The F1 Light flickered then came on and went off again and all the way to work it was flickering, i parked it up for the day and went to work
My return journey was faultless till i got back to the garage i noticed the temp gauage reading 109 thats the highest i have ever seen it usually 105/106
i drove into the garage and pulled the front brake and the F1 light again flickered, i lifted the saddle to check the ecu, and then started the bikewith it running i moved the ecu very slightly
and the the light flickered again. Its not coming on and staying on just a flicker and sometimes a slow glow till it goes out. Stop the bike and restart and it can take a while to come back on
I know most of you will have some experience with this problem so im looking for some suggestions
Many thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Is the ECU strapped down? Would be secured with a heavy o ring originally. If it bounces around, can give your symptoms. Also, make sure ECU connector pins are clean. Next in line after that would be the "loom fix". There is a junction block buried in the main loom hidden under tape that corrodes and fails, also with your symptoms.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There Fizzy
Thanks for your reply, not sure if iam correct here but the loom fix may not be needed on my Bird i have located the plug
it is as clean as a whistle, also all the wires in the plug are joined by one metal connector, where as before 4 wires may joined together then 3 or 6 whatever the configuration was
but i dont have that they are all joined together i also got hold of the plug and pulled it about a bit and the light did not come on but when i moved the ECu it came on
I have disconnected the battery and pulled the two main plugs out of the ECU and they look fine so it could be the fact that the ECu has moved about i will try an make sure that it is securely fastened with the rubber band
thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts