Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Good read, although I think I need a new pair of eyes after squinting at the tiny print!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Good read!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ok guys, please explain the 12 Hp difference between the Carbed and Injected Bird? How can the Carbed bird be more powerful?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
the early FIs made the same HP, the later catted ones are slightly lower but both FIs get a ram air boost at speed which the carbies dont

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought Mark Williams was pretty much spot on with his review. If they are going to become future classics, now is the time to start buying them up.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I think you're right.....I would look at picking up another good low mileage XX (either carb or injected) and putting it into storage....I don't think you could lose in the end. The XX has great beginnings....a great reputation...it ages gracefully...and I'm not sure about this but I don't think there was a tremendous amount of them made/sold in any one year. Eventually they'll be hard to find....I don't think it would make you rich but worse case scenario you pull it out of storage in 10 years and ride a "classic"!!
I thought Mark Williams was pretty much spot on with his review. If they are going to become future classics, now is the time to start buying them up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why not, buy it, ride it and look after it? All this putting great vehicles in storage just ruins them. A good classic is one that has been used and loved. If you want a classic show piece, buy a Ducati 916 that was never ment to be used, but makes a the most beautiful door stop, known to man.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts