Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Euro Bird to US Bird Emissions Inspections

796 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mchalewj 
#1 ·
Will a year 2004-2007 BB from Europe pass DMV emissions inspections in the US?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Yes, unless you live in California. I think the Euro emissions are much stricter than anything we have here and if you need a test, you should be able to pass. I'm sure someone else will chime in with better info. Where I live, we don't have emissions testing for cars or bikes; hell, we don't have a state inspection to be on the road. Pay your yearly tags and we're good to go.

#5 ·
Honestly, for the right bike that is a price I am willing to pay. These bikes aren't becoming any more abundant as time goes on. Honda may come out with a new Blackbird model in the future but I know it won't look like these 97-07 models, not to mention I won't be able to afford them.

#6 ·
The toughest part will be getting it titled/registered. Over 50% of the states in America DO NOT require emissions inspections...just the crazy ones...so I’m not sure which state you’ll be parking her in. Check state by state BMV sites to confirm.

#7 ·
I live in California and motorcycles are NOT emissions tested here, nor are periodic safety inspections required. If you want to register your bike here, it must go to the DMV to have the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) verified. The VIN must match the title and the registration you currently have. If it does not have the California Emissions package, it must have 7,500 miles on the odometer to be resistrated here. DMV appointments can be made online and are S T R O N G L Y recommended. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.