Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Am a newbie to this site and looking for a little help. Forgive me if I'm in on the wrong site or thread, but looking for a little advise on getting my 2015 CBR650F motor to run. I don't have a doner bike to harvest parts so am gathering up the parts off Ebay. I have the engine, wire harness and speedo/headlight harness as a starting point along with, injector body, air filter, MAP sensor, speedometer, gas tank with fuel pump. Still need and looking for the exhaust and ECU. I jumped in to a similar situation ten years ago with a modern computer controlled fuel injected motorcycle engine (Hayabusa) and gave up in frustration and a lot of expense. Just proved to me once again that, "if you think education is expensive....try ignorance". My wife calls it, "George's Folly", but I'm not giving up this time. It will run...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the tip on the 650f biker site. Unfortunately, my needs do not resonate with their interests and my query was rejected out of hand..... But thanks again anyway for the advice..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Building a cross kart with a YFZ450 front suspension and rear swing arm. Now I have to match up all of those Honda CBR650f harness ends with the engine components and hope the engine starts without frying the ECM. Sort of a crap shoot.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Ok
Take a stab at it here.
First off get yourself a factory manual with a schematic.
Now essential hookups are going to be Crank position sensor (Ckp, Cps), Tps, tach, coil primary and trigger, air temp, Map, injector power and trigger. Those should be enough to get it fired. As to frying an ecm as long as you don't ground a driver line or put 12 volts on a trigger sense line you should be safe. Just take your time and ohm out all your connections before you put power to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts