Registered
7,811 Posts
Ok
So now you need to check voltage at the starter solenoid. Is this a carby or FI

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It fuel injected, I'll check that in the morning its 10.30pm here. What voltage am I expecting 12V?

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Just a click first. If it doesn't then go to the resource center on this board. Look for the factory service manual there and download it. Chapter 18 has the starting circuit there and a full troubleshooting tree at the front. Walk through it and it should help you get it sorted. If you get stuck holler back here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beestoys wrote
"What is your battery voltage cranking with the plugs in. Put a meter across the positive and negative terminals and take the reading with it cranking the engine over. Roll it over for at least 5 second maybe more like 10. You don't want the battery voltage dropping below 10.5 volts DC."

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
It's cool Punts. He's getting into it with the manual tomorrow. I'm betting he'll sort it pretty quick then.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Bees, you do realise he said earlier his bike is a cbr600, not a blackbird? That blackbird manual probably isn't all that much help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bees, you do realise he said earlier his bike is a cbr600, not a blackbird? That blackbird manual probably isn't all that much help.
right !!!!!!! 2011 cbr600...LOL i have to say tho i see more issues with later bikes then anything

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Double check idle and 5k charging voltages. The same numbers will apply to all metric bikes. Gives you peace of mind knowing everything is working right.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts