Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, I've just replace my fairings and when I got the the middle fairing I put the right side on and checked it indicators etc and all good. Did the left side and checked it and now wont start looks as if it's got a ground problem but there is a relay under the seat clicking away. Any ideas on what I've done wrong or how to fix it? Many thanks. Matt

·
Registered
267 Posts
A fault with the indicators shouldn't stop the bike from starting.
Are you sure the battery is fully charged and it's not the starter relay,( the one with the 30amp fuse), that's clicking.
Check the multi-plugs from the main loom to the front and bar swiches.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, it's the flasher unit that's making the noise. I looked at the big plug under the fairing and it all looks good it just seems weird that it happened after I connected the second indicator. The indicator has 3 cores so maybe I did something wrong there?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The indicator plugs have two wires, l/h side live is Orange
r/h side live is Blue and the earth to both is Green

·
Daniel
21 Posts
Does your BB have an Immobiliser, if it does, mine gave me grief a while ago, the box is usually under the tailpiece, follow wiring and check all wiring to the immobiliser box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does your BB have an Immobiliser, if it does, mine gave me grief a while ago, the box is usually under the tailpiece, follow wiring and check all wiring to the immobiliser box.
It has a red light flashing? When you turn the key the lights on the dash all light up but when you push the starter it's as if there is a ground fault or dead battery ( the battery is fine)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done that disconnected both and it wont start, pulled the flasher box and wont start, all I've done is put back on the front and middle fairings. Back off again now tho!

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Ok
So now does the bike have an immobilizer? Or HISS? Have either been triggered?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the key in and it works, it has a red flashing light and has HISS on the dash. I dont how its triggered or how to turn it off.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Check all the fuses, including the one on the starter relay, if the CBR600 has one fitted
I've been looking at a Blackbird diagram

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill check them in the morning, I think it does have a starter relay its separate and bigger then the others.
Should the flasher relay click when you. Push the start button?

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Hmm yes I'm thinking it will if its active. Hitting the starter button bypasses circuits to allow all the available power to go to starting the bike
Essential power to the injectors if FI coils to fire the bike. I'd double check the starter button.
To clarify you say it won't start as it turns over but won't fire. Or it doesn't even crank

1 - 20 of 37 Posts