Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I read lots of posts and I couldn't finf anything close to my problem. After pulling the bike out of storage in the spring I noticed something was wrong. The flasher indicators are on in my dash at all times. I tried cleaning the actuator no change. When I want to turn right, the left one blinks. The signals are actually displaying ok for other cars... It's just in the dash it's erratic. I ride with the high beams on now because it displays the blinker properly. But on high beam the indicator is off and on low beams it's on. When I pulled the indicator light fuse out, the beam indicator functions normally and so are the flashers...

Next I'm thinking about pulling the dash out and cleaning the printed board... Any tricks, advices or product I should use ?

I also read about a connector that honda uses to test the bike at factory... Does a 97 canadian bird have it? where would it be ?

Too nice to remove the fairing again today...
Out riding

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Hi Falcon, and welcome. You may want to have a look at that connector after you've posted an introduction in the new member's area. There are step by step, illustrated instructions on the repair available on the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the posts and it seems to apply to 99-00 BB with cdi. I don't think the bike has that connector. It's a 97 carb. I've found an other connector that I can't get to under the tank behind the engine (not sure what it does) So I guess I'll start with that one and finding the ground and cleaning that out. I think there's a good chance it could cause my problem as it seems to appear as soon as I plug the green on my flashers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out it's new print circuit board behind the gauges that was my problem. Corrosion attacked it and a hole formed on the green printed wire. No more conductivity. Took a ring terminate, screwed it on the bolt feeding the gaz gauge and routed the other end to the main harness (just below the dash connector)

Works good now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts