Honda CBR XX Forum banner

efi fpr question

877 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Partsguy 
#1 ·
hi Guys ive got a 99 efi, all is well but i want to get a FPR as a reserve part for a rainy or leaky day
there are 2 part nrs
my understanding is that the later part nr is tare-ed at a higher pressure than the early version
so my question is can the latter version be retro fitted to the earlier bike or is it going to cause an issue
my guess is that give the latter version runs at a higher pressure that the nozzles are going to spray more effeciently and get a better burn and gas milage
thanks for your feedback
paul

#2 ·
Greetings Paul,
yes one has a bit higher pressure but either one will work fine. Had both on and could not tell the difference in mileage or performance.
Just changed the sucker out and piece of mind will follow.
STex, out

#3 ·
my understanding is that the later part nr is tare-ed at a higher pressure than the early version
so my question is can the latter version be retro fitted to the earlier bike or is it going to cause an issue
The '99 FPR was discontinued when I last looked and also when I needed on some years ago.
The later one works fine. You might see/feel some difference at low RPM, my idle became more stable but that may just have been because the old one was so old!

#4 ·
super many thanks for the replies, a further question
the efi fuel filter is rediculously expensive, i have read elsewhere that a wix 33032 will do the job just as well but has a straight exit and not curved one, any experience with alternate filters?
paul

#5 ·
Switching over to the later FPR will put your AFR off by a lot. You'll loose about 20 to 30 miles off your range. I saw my AFR drop down into the mid to low 12"s which is where you want to be when your under a acceleration.

#6 ·
I have that filter in mine, must have put it in 8-10 yrs ago.I think I just used a longer piece of fuel line to make up for it.Clamp wasn't quite perfect either but it holds.
I'm also using the later fpr, not sure what it did to my afr but what Bees says may have happened to mine.Hard to say, mine had other issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.