Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Long time I didn't write.

My XX worked not very well last time. 20 000 miles done. Year 2002.

Fuel consumption was horrible. I could do only 90 miles on a tank driving very calmly!

I checked all the sensors and noticed that the voltage, which is delivered to the IAT sensor (is in the airbox) and to the engine coolant temperature sensor is only 0,44V ! Haynes manual says, that in both cases it should be between 4,5 - 5,5V.

It is possible that bikes consumes so much fuel because of it. Manual also states that when low voltage is present, the ECU can be damaged.

What should I do now? Maybe the manual is wrong and you had similar issue? What is the reason of it?

Thank you in advance!

J.

·
Registered
389 Posts
how is your charging system?
is your battery showing 14.3-14.6v at 3000 revs.
have you done any engine work? is your air filter clean?
a faulty fuel pressure regulator can cause bad mpg, take the vacum pipe off the fuel ragulator there should be no fuel in this line, if the rubber diaphragm has a pin hole in it or perished the fuel pressure regulator can leak fuel into the vaccum line and into the cylinder head, causing bad mpg.
does your bike have a O2 sensor?
is your cooling fan turning on at about 101c-103c

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thx for the response.

The problem with voltage was in the connectors. Some were seized. Cleaned them and voltage is ok now.

I have ordered the fuel pressure regulator. Thx

Yes, battery is showing 14.3-14.6v at 3000 revs. Filter is clean. Last time I did valve clearance.

I don't have O2 sensor, while I installed power commander with O2 sensor eliminator.

Cooling fan starts at about 101c-103c .

·
Registered
389 Posts
She sounds good then.
Its surprising what a switch or contract cleaner can do to make electrical things work again.
I think you should be good.
Also pay close attention to all the small vacuum lines for cracks as well while your in there around the throttle bodys.

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
Bring the rpm to 5000 it should stay at 14.3 to 14.5 on a stock regulator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts