Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m still getting to know my XX. The BB I purchased came with a Dynojet Power Commander III. So I did some research on the EFI control and have found I can upgrade to a Power Commander V, however, the new unit does not have the individual Low Mid and Hi manual fuel adjustments that the III has. I think this is a cool bonus feature. There are some limitations to the PC III like limited software support due to the age of the unit but the software and electrical cords are still available through Dynojet....Should I upgrade to the PC 5 or not?

·
Super Moderator
8,128 Posts
Moto
What year is your BB?
If it's a 01 to 03 then yes it's worth the upgrade. The TPS is more stable and the expandability is there. You can add the wideband 2 and enable auto tuning. The interface is compatible with any laptop. The ability to tune real time is very easy and fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 03 BB. Do the newer BB have a different fuel injection set up than the 01-03 model years? Your comments are awesome thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,128 Posts
Moto
No there is mention of them changing from a pintle seat to a ball style with 4 or more spray ports. But all the PN Honda lists for the injectors are the same for all years. The only way to know for sure would be to pull an injector and visibly inspect the end of it. You'd either see one hole or many.
The only other change is how they are connected. The later what I call 2ndgen BB's put a modular plug in the harness. There's one for the injector rail, TPS, right coil, map and air sensors. The other is for the fuse and relay section. The PCV uses the modular plug to interface their unit. The PCIII used separate plugs for each injector and a tap off the TPS for its inputs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts