Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a double take when i saw side shots of the 2021 Hayabusa. There are some quite familiar lines to our beloved Bird. . Front guard, fairing, tank etc.. Apart from the signature big pimple on the bum the busa still has of course.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I quite like the look of the new busa.

I don't think the older models are at all attractive but the new one is different enough to look good, and it does near some resemblance to our beloved birds.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm, i quite like that one in the article dirtybird put up.

·
BirdDog
554 Posts
I had a ‘99 busa and very much preferred the performance and handling of my ‘97 carbie any day, any ride vs the “brick”. To sum up...the busa you sit “on”...and the ‘bird you sit “in”.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive always liked the Gsxr1300 looks since they came out, but Macka whose side are you on anyways?! Maybe you should put a cover on the boozer so your bird has better odds! Yep, some of them old birds can be 25 years old. Still ticking just fine! They have exceptional build quality, and what some may also describe as class!

·
Registered
644 Posts
One of the places I ride to work on my '97 bird has a lot of bikers that hang out near the entrance like a gaggle of bitchy school-girls. During *** breaks they're notorious for taking the P155 out of any bike that hones into view unless matching their own.

One of them was overheard saying… you know we all take the mickey out of each others rides but it's just dawned on me, not one of us has ever had a bad word to say about that old Bird that glides past yet we all watch it ever time. How weird is that!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ive always liked the Gsxr1300 looks since they came out, but Macka whose side are you on anyways?! Maybe you should put a cover on the boozer so your bird has better odds! Yep, some of them old birds can be 25 years old. Still ticking just fine! They have exceptional build quality, and what some may also describe as class!
well i rate them as equal in terms of pros and cons, both superb

xx1100
pros cons
1 lighter more agile weaker suspension
better seating especially taller people spend money to upgrade suspension
cheap to buy always available older gauges no gear indicator
solid motor loads of cost free biking not many options for aftermarket stuff
eats my rear tyres

gsxr1300

pros cons
1300cc of sweetness lots more tickets
easily recognized on the street people think your nuts for owning one "its a myth gone on to long"
1st 2nd gear shorter, for the twisty stuff only has one line doesn't change lines mid flight
super plush ride feels longer to the bars,can buy aftermarket stuff to fix it
plethode of great exhaust slip-ons always spending money on it to jazz it up
looks great massive cult bike some people hate its looks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts