Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys with summer on its way just be aware of the damage to your clocks due to double bubble screens and the sun, see pics,
DSC00035.jpgqwdqwd.jpg DSC00036.jpg23rf2321.jpg DSC00036.jpg23rf2321.jpg DSC00035.jpgqwdqwd.jpg I have hade to replace the clock surround on my 97 bird have also ditched the db (powerbronze) screen and bought a flip up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Heliman, you're an optimist, glass half full type of guy. I applaud you.
Apart from all the Covid 19, you still think we're going to get a Summer, with sun.

I have heard of screens damaging the clocks. I had a double bubble once, didn't
suit me, I run a touring flip screen.

When the council stop salting the roads around hear, I might be able to get the
bike out to do my shopping.

Awe the best and stay safe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worth taking the risk now just parking in the sun would be an issue and blackbird clocks are getting rarer, I had never heard of the problem before buying this bike, gixxer was my last bike with standard screen, yes hope to get some nice riding days this summer, good luck and take care.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
I've mentioned this effect to others before. The easy fix is s piece of 1/2 masking tape on the inside of the screen at the fold or transition. Another more permanent fix is to paint that stripe in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes was thinking something to put on the creases, its just not my thing to put tape on something to fix it or even paint it maybe the curve into the bubble shouldn't be so sharp just a gradual curve so not causing the lens effect, take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Unfortunately with anything that isn't opaque your going to repeat the incident. The other option would be to pick a color that matches the screen to make it invisible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts