Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
'06 and '04 bird
62 Posts
Sorry, but I can see it Candy Glory Red of '98
Not Muthos Magenta if it is not elaborately tweaked with Photoshop.

And, '06 twotone colour code might be "NH-167M" instead of "NH-167D".
(both can be right, according to several S/M resource published to different areas)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a question on paint. I have the 2006 iron nail paint scheme. I assume the paint code is for the base silver? I crashed the bike and will need to get a mirror surround, cowl and RHS panel painted, all assuming I can find decent second-hand ones on Ebay. Anyone have a clue what the darker grey paint code would be or are these just unobtainable transfers?
Hood Motor vehicle Yellow Bumper Automotive tire

·
Administrator
9,530 Posts
So that color code is for the 2 tone nail. If your bike is red like the pic you posted then your running a custom color.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I first saw the bike I looked up every year and colour at ColorRite (a USA company) and nothing came up. Honda restricted the number of colours that came to N. America and in 1997 the only colour that comes up is Mute Black Metallic.

Pugwash, that makes sense. It's a Candy paint, so just like Pearl paint it would look different in sunlight.

·
Registered
1998 Blackbird
55 Posts
Few years back the front mud guard on mine shattered when we hit an unexpected pool of deep water. Sourced a replacement and asked a local paint shop to colour match it to the code on the frame. Despite three attempts they couldn't and reckoned there is something missing from the colour code. In the end I opted to buy another from a breaker which is almost a colour match. As you say a 98 carbie in Candy Glory Red.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts