Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Happy New Year to all!

Took my Wife for a ride recently (it's normally the other way 'round!) on the only decent day in the UK. I've come to the conclusion that the stock seat is CRRRRRRAP! She's constantly sliding into me when she's not holding onto the grabrail. I ride with the throttle, not the brakes, but the issue is still there. Replacement seat units would seem to sort the problem, with the front section of the pillion perch raised up, but £150 (minimum) for a replacement seat seems real expension to me.

It occured to me that a piece of extra (sculpted) foam on top of the original stuff, along with a replacement cover wouldn't cost too much. May as well chuck in a couple of gel pads as well....

Has anyone tried this, and how did it go?

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
I had the same problem. You could go the cheap route and get a Triboseat cover which goes over the pillion area. I didn't like the loo though. I bought a seat cover from a member here Grizzly. Cost around the £50 del to OZ from memory. Be cheaper if your in the UK. You can customize it to suit your bikes colours. Top quality product. Easy to fit yourself with a decent staple gun. Stopped my missus sliding into me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389706980.561301.jpg

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
Thanks Dave. Another of your great Pommy suppliers. Us Convicts could learn a lot in the cycle accessory area from you guys. It's amazing how much I end up buying from th UK.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi guys... Thanks for the thread Flyer (rcmax) on your OP... Having the same problem and located a professional seat trimmer in the area where we live, he tells me that he can fix the pillion seat and recover it. Ill post before and after. If I appear without a black eye etc the missus is Happy. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
120 grit sanding disc and 6 inch grinder. Full face mask and a dust mask. Man that stuff flew everywhere but made it very easy to shape. Find a upholstery shop or supplier that sells foam for car seats. It has to be a higher density then most of the stuff you will get from a hobby supply store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys weigh up the prices ie.
Gel pads cost £40-£50 each, the cover would cost you around £40-£60 (depending on what your after) and then you need the stapler.. say £10 for one that might do the job (but you will swear alot) so thats a total of £130-£170 for a diy job..

You can get an Else Made Razorback style seat (reshaped and covered) for £120. + 2x ultimate comfort inserts (£55 each or 2 for £100) = £175-£220
And when you come to sell your seat you will be able to sell it and get nearly all your cash back.

Have a look for Else Made on Face book or Google
blackbird razor mk2.jpg

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Thanks still got it too. But since I got the Russell Day Long it's been closeted. Made a hell of a mess making it lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts