Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Let's Ride!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at getting a new upper cowl/top fairing and saw these Delkevics on ebay. It's cheap but as they say, you get what you pay for so I'm wondering if anybody has real experience with these or knows anybody who has before I waste money on one.

Click here to see it.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Cant be sure on the Cowl but I have only seen good reports on the quality of the Delkevic stuff so far..

·
Joe
46 Posts
I purchased an upper cowl from Delkevic in May of 2010. It took me a while to get the bike together. When I finally had the job completed, the upper cowl I purchased from Delkevic cracked along the lower capscrew line.
I ordered another one just this month 3/2011 and had the same result. The plastic is brittle and not usable. Nice people and I'm sure they just got a bad batch or something, but don't get a cowl from them for this bike.
I'd like to hear from anyone that knows of a good source, as I still need an upper cowl.
$500 for an OEM cowl. Delkevic charged me $130.00. Hmmm. Well it doesn't matter how inexpensive it is if its defective.
Joe

·
Let's Ride!
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased an upper cowl from Delkevic in May of 2010. It took me a while to get the bike together. When I finally had the job completed, the upper cowl I purchased from Delkevic cracked along the lower capscrew line.
I ordered another one just this month 3/2011 and had the same result. The plastic is brittle and not usable. Nice people and I'm sure they just got a bad batch or something, but don't get a cowl from them for this bike.
I'd like to hear from anyone that knows of a good source, as I still need an upper cowl.
$500 for an OEM cowl. Delkevic charged me $130.00. Hmmm. Well it doesn't matter how inexpensive it is if its defective.
Joe
Bummer, thanks for the warning, I'll look elsewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So guys, 3 years on from these postings...... DO you feel that Delkevic are any better..... I'm now looking to replace my original unit, as it has a crack and causes excessive vibrations on M/Ways.

Cheers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just replace my upper cowl with and OEM unit for $439. I went OEM as the local bike painter wanted over $300 for prep & paint which would have made an aftermarket part more expensive than the OEM. I have my old part with some damage to the upper support behind the left mirror if anybody is interested in it. Candy Glory Red R101CU. PM me if you want it and I will take pictures and work something out.

·
Super Moderator
8,451 Posts
Bear messaged tham and still waiting for a reply only thing i see listed now is the upper cowl. What all did you get in your kit intrested in glass repops for mine if they still make them. ABS is nice but glass is more forgiving and repairable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates on Delkevic upper cowl pieces? I need one for my 1997 Blackbird. $205 delivered vs. >$675 on bikebandit is might tempting. Still...I don't want to spend $200 if it is not going to work.

I'll be painting it as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts