Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!, I recently got myself a 97 bird and some delkevic headers that were 2nd hand so no instructions which is fine however it's a 4-1 and there's a plate in the collector, should the collector be fitted with the plate vertical or horizontal? Tanks all!
Adie.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I believe it depends on the installation being a Carb or an Fi
Carb bikes should have downpipes 1 and 2 linked then 3 and 4 linked
IE - downpipes 1 and 2 to one side of the plate and downpipes 3 and 4 to the other side of the plate.
Fi bikes should have downpipes 1 and 4 linked then 2 and 3 linked

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it depends on the installation being a Carb or an Fi
Carb bikes should have downpipes 1 and 2 linked then 3 and 4 linked
IE - downpipes 1 and 2 to one side of the plate and downpipes 3 and 4 to the other side of the plate.
Fi bikes should have downpipes 1 and 4 linked then 2 and 3 linked
Thanks bud, I installed them by luck the way the carved version states in your reply, although I do now wonder what would happen if I switched it up 🤣🤣 cheers mate!
Adie

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just to add - it is popular to fit Fi headers to a carb bike to increase mid-range torque on a carb bike.
The trouble is you get a bit more down low but lose the top-end rush :confused:
I replaced my original carbed headers with FI ones due to the collector box rusting around the seams and I miss the top-end rush and hit as she gets to ~7500 rpm :cry:
I miss the way she would power wheelie in 2nd as she came on pipe with the original headers :love:
I may have to look at getting them welded up at an exhaust place and refit them :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts