Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,from reading from this forum ,has been said that when delinking to use a rear master cylinder from a cbr250r or the 300 for best effect for brake feel
Is it correct?
Which year model?
I have bougth a second hand kit from england and i got 2braided lines on either side going up to one line to the front master cylinder.
For the back i have got 2 braibed lines.
Any feedback on how to go about it will be much appreciated.
Regards Tony

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question!
I guess with us bikers there is an element of bragging on what we do to our bikes since if anyone that would ride them at max limit the performance would be enough.
I find the brakes on the front feel too wooden for my liking.too much leverage at first
My last bike before the bllackbird was a gsxr with radial calipers and it was awesome.
I love the blackbird as it is lots more comfortable .
I im thinking of taking the bird at Eastern creek raceway i recond will give lots of bikes run for their money!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I just put a double banjo in the rear m/c and ran 2 lines. Not much of a back brake user anyway.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a few xxs and if you do the correct maintainence on the system there will be no mush or delay in the braking even with oem hoses
The main culprits for front unresponsive braking in my experience in getting 4 bike shipshape are
1 pistons tight / jammed on the seals
2 corroded pistons
3 foul fluid, water and or air ingress
4 obturated front master relief hole
5 goo in the front master
6 pads hanging on the pin

For the rear the same but with the added complication of the secondary master that is never purged plus the long hose routing which is a haven for air bubbles
Get it right and you will have braking with minimal lever travel and a rock hard feel
Paul

·
Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
Cbr600 is also a good rear master donor. Just be mindful the first few times you kick the brake it's a big difference

·
Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
It is pretty much you may have to trim the adjustement stud to get pedal to your liking. I ride toe down so I had to lift the pedal a bit more to clear my boot.
The piston size is actually a bit smaller. Giving it a advantage over the 3 pistons(hydraulics work a bit backwards).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good question!
I guess with us bikers there is an element of bragging on what we do to our bikes since if anyone that would ride them at max limit the performance would be enough.
I find the brakes on the front feel too wooden for my liking.too much leverage at first
My last bike before the bllackbird was a gsxr with radial calipers and it was awesome.
I love the blackbird as it is lots more comfortable .
I im thinking of taking the bird at Eastern creek raceway i recond will give lots of bikes run for their money!
im a massive fan of rear braking after its a must have skill for real bike control especially when entering corners. if you can control the rear you are doing two things slowing the bike more by taking away engine inertia which at high rpm is propelling the bike forward and taking a lot of weight of the front suspension going for independent rear braking is more feel and more control ive delinked my rear and running two pistons from the master.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts