Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the font type is used in the LBS Linked Braking System decal?

Relentlessly on a mission.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not my end goal, but I’m hoping to get myself along enough that I can do just that. Not for profit but for fun and to recoup a tiny amount of my equipment investment. I’m not likely to let it go…. Must have stickers…

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
Does anyone know what the font type is used in the LBS Linked Braking System decal?

Thanks.
That’s a great question

Thanks.
[/QUOTE

Thanks.
That’s a great question; can’t figure that font out either. It appears that it’s one of the few “stripes” that might still be available for the 96-98 Carbies. Looks like Partzilla shows the LBS stripes as still available but they’re not very reliable re their inventory updates. I found a full ‘97 set to have as a backup some years back from Carolina Cycle (which is where I buy my OEM Honda parts) for my US model. The non-US models call it “CBS or combined braking system” and this is still readily available from Honda.

Organism Slope Font Triangle Parallel

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
Here’s the “rest of the world” version for Carby’s…before the switch to the “PGMfi” stripe…SAME FONT

Jaw Slope Font Line Parallel

·
Administrator
9,400 Posts
You can still order them if you need

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
The OEM LBS stripe(s) is available here…Partzilla has them as well but these guys are awesome!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, I learned something new today! Have you tried ordering from them to see if they are in stock? I know they show it, but I’ve been disappointed before ordering parts & pieces only to get that fateful email a couple days later. I just recently had that problem with decals.

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
Thank you, I learned something new today! Have you tried ordering from them to see if they are in stock? I know they show it, but I’ve been disappointed before ordering parts & pieces only to get that fateful email a couple days later. I just recently had that problem with decals.
I haven’t ordered the stripes ‘cause I already bought a full set some years back anticipating I’d never sell my cherished ‘bird (just in case I decide to paint it someday before parking it in my living room 😂).

The cool thing about Carolina Cycle is a human being actually answers the phone from the parts desk!!! You can call or email them and immediately confirm availability on any parts you need. Plus, they’ve always been the best that I’ve found in the US when it comes to cost (although they do charge for shipping)! Their customer service is wonderful; “old school”, relationship-driven! I like these guys!

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
No front decals- LBS linked braking system on the tail fairing. That's all.
For the carbie’s, pretty much all the cowls and stripes have been discontinued. There’s a couple of decent aftermarket suppliers in Europe, etc but the graphics are for the “super blackbird” renditions; so not correct for the US if you want your vintage ‘bird to not lose points at a “concours de elegance” judging in 20 years! 😂😂

…here’s a couple of decent suppliers I’d recommend for aftermarket shtuff…

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bodywork looks decent but I haven’t read any reviews. I’m actually having my rear cowl prepped and re-painted this month so I had the LBS sticker quandary. I couldn’t find them anywhere so I bought the equipment to make my own and paid a graphic designer to do the other work and provide files. I can’t stop now. Ultimately I’m so stupid that I’ve shelled out $1,200 to print a $.50 sticker. I’m retired now so I may have too much time on hands as I slowly go broke. Nah it’s not that bad, I just like projects!

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
I get it…I just spent about a grand on mostly cosmetics (new “old stock” screen, levers, new power hub, rewired all my accessories, updated my Valentine radar system, foot pegs, etc; a full and thorough service and detail on my carby and came really close to digging out my decal set and repainting all the cowls…but I still ride her quite a bit. I think I’ll wait a few more years…depending on if my OCD kicks in (it has a tendency to be more predominate in the dead of winter 😂🤣).

You do realize now that the LBS sticker is one of the very few “stripes” that’s still available however? I’m sure everyone would enjoy seeing your completed project! I didn’t think to post mine, but will do when time permits. I’ve got her put to bed currently 👍.

-Cheers Binto!
…I like the way you think!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. It’s either right or it isn’t, right? I just can’t accept less than near perfection.
Well at 68 the I can still ride bent over days are, well, I guess I don't know what they are. I still have my R1250GS but it is for sale. I know I’m not 46 like when I bought my first xx in 2000, but I’m in pretty good shape. At a massive 138 lbs I fit perfect on that bike. I’ve dumped a ton of money into this current xx, like you say, winters can be hard on the checkbook. But what a grand project it has been! I have also replaced just about every shiny part including footrests. Plus a new front bumper. When my Bursig is delivered I’ll replace the front axle, collars and pinch bolts, all sitting here ready to go. Also a new rear axle nut, cheap and visual. Actually only one collar was available but maybe i‘ll check the new source. Did the Shindy and also have the Bandit turn signal assembly ready to be spliced into the factory harness, led’s on premises. Lenses to be received. I wanted to replace both rear turn signals. But the rh was not available, anywhere. Then I found one in the Netherlands!

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
😂😂 we’re similar in age and thinking Binto! I didn’t ride my ‘bird more than a couple hundred miles this past year (she needed new steering head bearings) but I did put 24,000 miles on my VFR. I got around to replacing the bearings in October and then WHAM; I was ordering new bolts/fasteners, screens…😂😂. I blew up eBay, Amazon, jaws, Carolina cycle, Valentine…had to make a scratch-off list of all the anal replacement parts that were streaming in over the past couple of months just to keep track 🤡. Isn’t life grand! Motorcycles are such a therapeutic addiction!

Helmet Sports gear Tree Personal protective equipment Motor vehicle

·
BirdDog
584 Posts
Ya know, a thorough makeover every now and then makes you realize just how scarce the original parts are to find…so stock up while we can. The way I see it, my sons are gonna have a very nice original owner carbie they can tow behind their electric (maybe nuclear by then) trucks to a vintage show in 30 years! It’ll probably have a quarter million miles on her by then, but it’ll still be perfect 😂🤣
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

BTW. The original “LBS” stripe is still there, it’s just behind the GIVI mono-rack 😂😂
…the left “main holder step” wing guard snapped off when polishing (stress fracture)…thank god it was still in the Honda parts bin. Replaced that too!
Ruler Office ruler Line Font Scale

Back in 1999, a rock flew off a dump truck and pierced the front cowl frying the instrument cluster and cracking the speedo housing. At the time, I had 31,632 miles on the clock according to my maintenance log. I never calibrated the replacement speedo (but I still have it boxed up). So, added to my current speedo gives’er 160,304 miles having never pulled the head! Amazing, well maintained Honda reliability!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Steering wheel Speedometer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts