Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My old set were SMD leds (surface mounted diodes) the newer "better" tech is COB (Chip on board) which is brighter and uses less power fir the same surface area. Hmmm… I may have to investigate these too.

What I did notice last time while cycling through different colours was the effect of the "red zone" on the dials. Sometime it was augmenyed, othertimes diminished. That's in the same way as shine a red light on a ripe tomatoe and it looks black!

So with RGB leds I could fine tune the colour for best effect.

The other factors were:
a) going for 360° spread of light (generally tge more elements the better) and
b) watch out for the actual physical size. By that I mean not just the right wedge size to fit into the holder but width to fit through the hole in the dash and length to not be too long to interfere with the dash cover.

Good luck on your investigations.

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
123 Posts
Thanks Mallow1.
The last ones I order from the internet were these. They actually are supposed to be white but turned out to produce a blue colour and brightness that I like.

However the type of connector is causing issues with some of the dashboard holders. It worked on 2 of them with a bit of fiddling but the other 2 couldn't make to work. Have tried all sort of things and combinations moving them around in the 4 slots and trying to expose more the connectors (the classic T10 ones work so I know it's not a holder problem, it's the combination of the holder plus the led bulb)

Light Toy Automotive lighting Wood Material property

Until I order new T10 of different kind this is what I have... A Christmas tree. 😁 green in the middle, blue on the sides.

Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Trip computer Steering part

21 - 24 of 24 Posts