Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Got some things i need to do to the BB.I have come to terms with the crazy amount of miles i will be putting on the bike as my everyday driver but need to do some things to make things a bit more easy. Soft bags(the ones talked about on here) Windshield (with spoiler) for highway days.(Im 6.4) and Cruise control.Has anyone put on an aftermarket Cruise control? Is there a cheaper way?(clamp or something)I have 5 kids all under 14 so you know where the money goes:hmm:. If anyone has any of these things for sale or advice please let me know. Thanks Randy

97 CBR 1100 XX BB Carbs are for me.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
A great how-to by beestoys on an aftermarket cruise install: *click here*

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good choices here thanks.Next ill make side bags out of sand buckets and foil sheets.Im thinking so far ill go with the "go cruiser" Looks safe and its priced right. beestoys is the way to go but im thinking it took me a year to build a nice dog house and from that im thinking many more years on that job ;) I went to the Honda store today and the bag prices were crazyyyyyyy and not as nice as the ones iv seen on here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry to jack the post but is it safe? does it work well?
Personally I find the idea of it terrifying (i.e. lack of control) and never tried it. Removed it last week actually. However, I don't tend to do long highway trips -- my friend who has one says he appreciated it to give his right hand a rest.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
My XX came with a throttle clamp -- basically a little lever you can flick down with your thumb and it holds the throttle in place. Quick ebay search, looks just like this item
That's the Kuryakin model,a blatent copy of the Vista Cruise,which costs more, that has been around for decades.That $33.95 they're asking is the list price in Canada and available at any bike shop (why pay shipping I just don't get it).
Don't buy the 1" model.I didn't even think there was room for one like that really...

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I like this one...cheap, easy to use, easy to override, safe.

motorcycle throttle control

I use a throttle rocker too...never take it off.
Again available at any bike shop for about $20 or less.Sold about 4-5 of these,have to be careful holding your speed while setting it,suppose one would get good at it quickly.But they can vibrate loose if not a perfect fit.Just what my customers have said.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Again available at any bike shop for about $20 or less.Sold about 4-5 of these,have to be careful holding your speed while setting it,suppose one would get good at it quickly.But they can vibrate loose if not a perfect fit.Just what my customers have said.
Your customers speak the truth. It works well enough to allow your right hand to be removed from the bar on the odd straight stretch though, which is quite often enough to relieve cramping on an 8 or 10 hour ride.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Problem I have here is none of the bike shops have anything. I mean nothing its very sad.My city isnt that small just nothing other than over priced bags and 300.00 jackets.I cant find wheel decals red bar ends. Not even a nice pair of gloves. Ok enough boo hooing .

·
Super Moderator
8,640 Posts
Sounds like mail order time to me. Been thinking about building bolt ons of my cruise control for folks what does everyone think chime on pro's and con's i think the biggest worry is liability a lot of folks are sue crazy for the littlest thing. Other than that what is the consensus ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bolt ons are the way to go.If its easy to put on and works like expected it will be asset to us all.As far as liability just have the same disclaimer as the big guys.I wonder what price point you would be at?

·
Super Moderator
8,640 Posts
Hmm
I'll have to work up the cost and post it up for folks. Could also give a list of the parts and have folks pick them up an then send them to me. Biggest hit will be the drive servo but might be able to get a break if I picked up 5 units or so. I'll check into it.

Reactions: elvetost

·
Registered
71 Posts
a bolt on system would be good

·
Super Moderator
8,640 Posts
Ok sent a message to the company next question is on the control section I can pick up scattered bar controls on eBay at times for less in good condition or go for a new unit from Honda. The used come in around 1/2 price a new piece is about 98.00. The masses have the call, the control units about 230.00 haven't got a new price on the divider yet so I’ll have to add that. Hoping to get a good break on the controller but we will see.

So as it stands ball park is about 330.00 for the box (no discount) and control switch brand new from Honda. I'll work up the cost for the rest of the components (divider, connectors, relays and wire) Thinking to keep it under 450.00 but hope I can get it cheaper we will see. So give a me basic thought how does the price sound so far / good or bad for what should be a bolt in setup that has worked for me for 3 years now with only one issue that has been addressed by Rostra and myself?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts