Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I are the grammar police
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has caught out a few people. It’s from an old post of mine, but with the bikes getting older and more people replacing rads and doing other cooling system work, it has helped a few on here and FB.

So I put it here for — hopefully — easy searching.

If these two hoses are reversed, coolant will overflow from the expansion tank when the bike is shut off, but will normally be fine while running.

It’s easy to connect these in the reverse order, but thankfully an equally easy thing to check and correct.

If nothing else, it’s a simple check to eliminate one possibility if you’re having an overflow problem. On your bike, that is. :)

Air bleed and siphon hose routing.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
This one has caught out a few people. It’s from an old post of mine, but with the bikes getting older and more people replacing rads and doing other cooling system work, it has helped a few on here and FB.

So I put it here for — hopefully — easy searching.

If these two hoses are reversed, coolant will overflow from the expansion tank when the bike is shut off, but will normally be fine while running.

It’s easy to connect these in the reverse order, but thankfully an equally easy thing to check and correct.

If nothing else, it’s a simple check to eliminate one possibility if you’re having an overflow problem. On your bike, that is. :)

View attachment 112802
Thanks for that! Very handy knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts