Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a silicone coolant hoses kit with 5 hoses for my 99. I replaced the 2 on the sides and the 2 under the gas tank. For the life of me I can't find the 5th hose. Do they come with an extra hose for the carb version?

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Does it look like one of the others it may be a bit different for year changes. So 2 of the hoses might be swappable or redundant.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what i was thinking. One is similar but I just want someone to confirm there is only 4 of the big hoses, not counting the small ones. I just want to get it back together and ride. I have delink ed the brakes and changed the clutch cable with Jaws kit, swapped the front fairing stay, changing the headlights, since have to finish flushing the radiator and reinstall the gas tank and fairings.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Yes there's only 4. 3 are connected to the water pump, 1 goes forward to the radiator. 2 goes up to the the back of the block. And the other goes to the other the other side of the radiator. Just do a check fit for the 2 that look pretty much the same and see which is best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks beestoys, for the life of me I couldn't find a fifth hose and I knew that the 97-98 models had a different radiator so I could only guess the hose was an extra. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts