Finally got sick of the clacking sound at idle and decided to do something with the factory CCT. Upon removing the CCT it became evident that there was still some automatic adjustment travel and I decided to figure out why the tensioner was not adjusting out further. I reassebled the CCT without the spring and blanking bolt and manually adjusted the tension with a screw driver. This was when I found an impacting type of force that actually encourages the acme threaded adjuster to turn clockwise and loosen its self. The factory spring is strong enough to work against it until the adjuster has travelled out about 15mms. The design of the spring won't allow it to be preloaded much more than factory. In all honesty it is quite a poor bit of engineering. As such I have devised a relatively easy way to convert it to a manual setup. Fortunately the bore of the CCT body has a smooth bore and thus lends its self to this intended mod. I will machine the simple sleeve in the lathe tomorrow and post some pictures of the modification and include the specifications. If it works out as planned, any machine shop should be able to knock up the sleeve that is used in conjunction with most of the original bits for about 10 to 20 dollars. Would be interested to know what is different in the newer CCTs. My guess would be that the spring is heavier. I will get back to you with the results tomorrow. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.