Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just said I'd post this up incase anyone has same problem I had last week.
Started the bird and it cut out straight away started it again and moved forward about a bike length she cut out .
All power was gone no dash lights nothing at all .
I checked the battery all ok fully charged good connection . Then the main fuse that was ok the connector wasn't melted .
After more rooting around the ignition wires the dash lite up .
So I started stripping it down removed the bottom of the ignition barrel one wire was totally corroded away the other two were perfect see pics . So trimmed it back and re soldered it back in all ok again just something to check if you loose power too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Yep
Ducks seen this as have a few others in dank environments. Glad it wasn't to hard to find.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Just said I'd post this up incase anyone has same problem I had last week.
Started the bird and it cut out straight away started it again and moved forward about a bike length she cut out .
All power was gone no dash lights nothing at all .
I checked the battery all ok fully charged good connection . Then the main fuse that was ok the connector wasn't melted .
After more rooting around the ignition wires the dash lite up .
So I started stripping it down removed the bottom of the ignition barrel one wire was totally corroded away the other two were perfect see pics . So trimmed it back and re soldered it back in all ok again just something to check if you loose power too.
Good find, My broken wire was in the block on the right handlebar,

Some one on here told me to check it, That was years ago,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts