Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Looks like CBR1100XX is a tough bike to paint...... Honda stock colors look the best to me.
I didn't like any of the repaints with the exception of a copper/bronze color near the beginning but
that's just personal taste of course. when you have 2 or more colors on a BB it seems to look a little stumpy and
put together... loses its flow somehow. I'm with Henry Ford... re: the model T. He said "you can have any color you want as
long as its orange".
Corrected that for you ;o)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle racer Superbike racing

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Red Automotive tire
this is about the only repaint I have see that exemplifies and perhaps even adds to the lines of the BB.
Kind of looks like it should have been a Honda Special production model... well thought out by a professional with an eye for paint and the
lines of a machine like this. I can see it on a showroom floor.....
once again "one man's opinion" .

·
Registered
231 Posts
View attachment 59632 this is about the only repaint I have see that exemplifies and perhaps even adds to the lines of the BB.
Kind of looks like it should have been a Honda Special production model... well thought out by a professional with an eye for paint and the
lines of a machine like this. I can see it on a showroom floor.....
once again "one man's opinion" .
"two man's opinion":plus1::thumb:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I figured I'd pull up at one of the local Gulf petrol stations and ask for a discount :) I haven't taken any photos in pretty surroundings yet!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle fairing
I used Ford Olympic Blue from Halfords. It's about the closest I could get to the blue used on the 70's Ford GT cars.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,690 Posts
Congratulations, I have never been able to throw up AND smile in the one thread before.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I can appreciate this, a 1997 (Titanium metallic YR-183 M) Bird that seems to be inspired by the 2004 Matte Gunpowder Black NH-436M
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The silver and brown just make me shudder again, remembering the first Hayabusa colour scheme I saw!
this one? you must have been traumatised because I don't see that much similarity

the 2004 matte Blackbird however was not very original , but as we say in Dutch "beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht", literally "better good nicked than bad conceived", meaning "it's better to use a stolen but good idea than to use an original but bad idea"

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I notice that changing wheel color from black or silver is a tough one to pull off (cars or bikes)......
color changes the length and height as well as the "lines" of a vehicle and motorcycles are no exception....not
necessarily a bad thing but the change is sure there.
As an example go to the Ford "build a car" website and watch the changes in a Mustang (or any car/truck) as you click on different colors
Hey if you like it that's what counts....luckily we don't all like the same things or there would be some very unhappy sheep in Australia!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
the problem with painting the bird is it's fat ass and multiple colour schemes tend to accentuate the size of the back end. i like the stock red metallic, but i also find the 2000 stock black with silver frame and wheels to be the best clour combo.

although, with the right after market wheels, a smaller tail and a more upswept exhaust a black and gold similar to the zx-12 up there would look pretty good imo.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts