Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I made a thread with around 20 pictures of interesting custom paint schemes for Blackbirds. Then before I posted the browser interpreted my Backspace as 'previous page' and it was all lost. I will try again, but with less pics per post.

The main reason for a second attempt is that I had always been wondering about the VFR 800 50th anniversary colors (inspired by 60s racing colors as you well know) on a Blackbird.
A quick reminder:

This week much to my surprise, a Blackbird from 2007 came up for sale, which was painted in the classic racing livery immediately after purchase. Turns out I'm a bit disappointed, the bodywork of the Blackbird is complemented more by a uniform color imho. But you be the judge.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

I have always been a fan of white.

But not necessarily like below.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that we got the opening out of the way, let's get on with it, and feel free to contribute, even if it is from the CBRXX.com pictures database, I've seen lots of specials there.

"Let's piss off Kawa fanboys"

Some people really like oil and petrol

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you like oil but don't like color

Some people like Firebirds

Some like it hot

Some think Candy Muthos Magenta isn't weird enough

Or Green Goblin Green

More Green

You probably know this cool tribute

Bla

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait, did I mention squids like color too??????!!!!!!

No disrespect to orange of course ;)

You start to wonder if any Bird is left untouched. Well good thing they made 85,138 units!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
A little different.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Alloy wheel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree, dark blue would have looked nice. The closest I can find is this

Some more oil lovers

How about some Honda CBR1100XX Super Eagle

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It's hard for me to decide what my personal favorite is. I really like the standard silver. Actually, I consider the Blackbird to be the 2 wheel equivalent of the Mclaren F1, they even held the production vehicle record simultaneously. And I like them in the same colors.
Silver

White

Dark blue

Haven't seen it on a Blackbird yet.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Looks like CBR1100XX is a tough bike to paint...... Honda stock colors look the best to me.
I didn't like any of the repaints with the exception of a copper/bronze color near the beginning but
that's just personal taste of course. when you have 2 or more colors on a BB it seems to look a little stumpy and
put together... loses its flow somehow. I'm with Henry Ford... re: the model T. He said "you can have any color you want as
long as its black".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts