Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

A while back while doing the chain and sprockets I noticed what looked like a very small leak from the clutch slave cylinder. It operated fine, but as a precaution I changed the seals, as I was in there anyway.

Now it's developed a leak again, worse than before. I bought the seals from E-Bay and I'm wondering if it was money down the drain and I should have bought from a reliable supplier.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
482 Posts
You might of answered your own question there, if the bore was nice and smooth when you last went in, and your piston was in good shape, then its got to be the seal, it might of flipped a bit or got a slightly damaged edge on reasonable if you didnt loob it slightly, but if you have done a lot of miles since then and it's just started then hmm, yeah get now ones that are a good make, fowlers do them, as well as a few other places, jaws, davidsilvers.
Make sure it's not an oil leak from the push rod oring, it the only other place really that fluids can come from..
22862MGJD00 gasket £6 odd. And 22865MJ8003 £12 odd for the actual seal.... go on fowlers parts, there under water pump on the microfich, and there in stock.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Normally seals and such I normally go OEM/ known make. I think I must have had a senior moment, didn't even occur to me until I saw the leak.

Just wanted to see if there was anything else that it could be. And it's definitely clutch fluid.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If its definitely clutch fluid then yep, change the seal,, I think every one has been there done that at some point in the motorcycle owner ship, and then after that its usually when we go, never again lol oem or known solid replacements.
It's the luck of the draw with ebay at times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may have already solved it, but if the leak does not heal even after replacing the packing, there may be a serious scratch on the cylinder. How about using a clutch slave cylinder for CB1300? I am also diverting it, but I think that it is unnecessary to replace the master cylinder because the piston diameter is the same. I am using Google Translate.

parts no. 22860MEJ003

1 - 8 of 8 Posts