Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a significant interest in a XX ride from Chciago. So, I was thinking that we should set one up for when the weather finally decides to break again. So If anyone in the area has any ideas for good desinations for a ride starting in the Chigaco area, and when you would be interested in a ride. So if you are up for a Chicago XX ride, let me know and we can see what happens.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm willing to come down if I can make it. Are there any good ridin roads around Chicago?

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
There are some roads away from the burbs, usually down south and west that aren't that bad. Like towards starved rock or I've even gone straight west towards oregon on route 64. There's a state park out there called white pines that's cool to check out, just an idea. I definately cannot wait until this weather breaks, it's driving me crazy just looking at my Bird sitting under a cover in my garage. Even if it takes a while for the weather to break, which it looks like it will, we should get together anyway at a bar or restaurant in the area to meet and greet and figure stuff out. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Good roads around here ? Nothing,that is why we go to SW Wisconsin.
Well that sounds good to me...

There are some roads away from the burbs, usually down south and west that aren't that bad. Like towards starved rock or I've even gone straight west towards oregon on route 64. There's a state park out there called white pines that's cool to check out, just an idea. I definately cannot wait until this weather breaks, it's driving me crazy just looking at my Bird sitting under a cover in my garage. Even if it takes a while for the weather to break, which it looks like it will, we should get together anyway at a bar or restaurant in the area to meet and greet and figure stuff out. What do you guys think??
Well you talked me into it... if we can't ride t lest we can plan some future rides.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
when the weather breaks for the better, a wisc. ride sounds great. I have been through a little bit of sw wisc. before. New Glarus to be exact and it's beautiful in that area. My in-laws live way up north in wisc. near chippewa falls, so we travel up that way with the kids and all a few times a year. I plan on going to greatlakes dragaway a couple times this year, a couple of my fellow workers have race cars that they run up there. One of them is a low 6 sec. 57 chevy pro mod car with a blown alcohol motor. It does not look good for next weekend at Byron weather wise either, 56 and rainy. YUCK! Looking forward to riding anywhere with a flock of Birds in the near future. I haven't seen too much other interest in any of the charity runs that I mentioned before, any takers out there??

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ride most every weekend, and know lots of great routes.

I'd be more than happy to take you guys on a tour of SW Wisconsin any time.
Most any weekend is good for me, hopefully with temps over 55F and sun!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the weather may finally begin to break again. Hopefully it stays nice this time. I ride just about every weekend. If it is nice, why take a car when you can ride the XX.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
It looks like the 12th of May is a free weekend for me. Meaning no wife, no kids. So, how about a flock of 'Birds getting together for a ride?? A centralized meeting point in the western burbs of Chicago and a destination for the day would be great. Any ideas?? Any takers?? Let's get something going. Would anyone mind other bikes coming along?? Let me know. I finally got some seat time today and I'm itching for more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It looks like the 12th of May is a free weekend for me. Meaning no wife, no kids. So, how about a flock of 'Birds getting together for a ride?? A centralized meeting point in the western burbs of Chicago and a destination for the day would be great. Any ideas?? Any takers?? Let's get something going. Would anyone mind other bikes coming along?? Let me know. I finally got some seat time today and I'm itching for more.
IMO all lesser bikes are welcome, but that is the weekend of the Ozark ride the clowns on the .org board are putting together. I am trying to work out going to that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My XX will be back in business after next tuesday. New tires, chain, and sprocket kit will be on the bike. Let me know when you guys are going riding and Hopefully get a ride together.
And i agree, the more bikes the better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm up here in the middle of Wisconsin...but if the timing is right I'd be happy to come down to the SW area of our Great State. There are some awesome roads over there to feel the G's and put the tourqe down!
How does this work as far as setting a date, notifying all interested etc?

XLER8 (Den)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i know there are some XX's down here that are interested in some riding. I guess an easy way to do this would to have people start listing on some dates that would work for them, and then set up a meeting place for chicagoland, Mid WI, and a southern WI. Then someone in Southern WI would have to recomend a good meeting place, route, and destination in South WI.

So i guess we need people to throw some dates out there.
then someone in S. WI to be our guide.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wario & I were talking about putting together a Loop of the Lake awhile back. (Lake Michigan)

I keep thinking it would be cool if people could hop on/join in as the procession came by them (i.e....Hoosiers/Ohio/Michiganders hop on in the beginning, Minnesota/Wisconsin/Illinois people join up as we come around, we drop off in Ohio/MI, & they keep looping around 'til they get back home).

This way everyone could get together for at least part of a ride/day. I'm sure there'd be some visiting/comaraderie time during the gas/food stops along the way

Anyone interested in something like that? Weekends I know I CAN'T do it: Mother's Day weekend, weekend of May 25th (son's b-day). I AM on vacation week of June 11th. War, Sam, Spicoly, Joel, a few others & I have been talking about doing something the Friday/Saturday of June 15th, 16th, but haven't decided on a destination/theme yet. Perhaps this is it. Or the weekend before would probably also be open, June 10-11th, without Father's Day interfering

Not sure about the logistics/mileage of the whole thing. Doesn't look like a daytrip to me as I peruse the map. Anyone done it before? Gotta play around with one of the mapping softwares I guess

·
Registered
210 Posts
keep us posted, I would def. try to ride along for a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm interested. I'm just north of Chicago, and have typical kids and family commitments. Probably couldn't get a long ride in before late June/early July - have been away three weekends out of the last four, so my credits are a little thin. Keep posting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts