Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my XX for a few months now and after changing the CCT Lifter with a new double green dot unit, I'm still not sure if my XX sounds exactly right. It runs extremely well, has TONS of smooth power, and has not hiccuped since I picked it up.

It has 24K miles on it and according to the previous owner he had the valve clearances checked at the dealer at around 20K miles. The motor just seems a little "tickier" than I would have expected, and I've never heard another one in person. My previous bikes were a Nighthawk 750 and a VFR800FI, neither of which ticked at all.

I'm in Westmont IL and it would be great if I could meet up with another XX owner so that we could compare the sound of our bikes. It would put my mind at ease if I knew my motor sounded normal. If it doesn't, well then it's time to start tracking down the culprit and fix it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am in Bartlett and would be happy to meet up with you sometime. A friend of mine just had their CCT lifter changed yesterday on their 98 'Bird with a double green dot and all the unfriendly noise went away.

·
Sport Tourer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have some house construction going on along with some family obligations but I'll be in touch when it looks like I'll have a free weekend to take a ride. Hopefully I'll have some time within the next couple of weekends.

It would be great to get a listen to another XX, and have someone take a listen to mine just to put my mind at ease about how it sounds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm looking for XX riders that are local get at me lets ride........I am not in now nor am I looking to join any clubs I just wanna RIDE.......

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
There are quite a few of us here in the Chicago area...I'm in South Elgin, a couple in Bartlett, one in Elgin and others scattered about...just post up when you think you can get out...every wednesday is bike night at Cheeseburger in Paradise right off Butterfield and Finley, Downers Grove...I try to make it as much as I can...cheers.

·
Sport Tourer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance someone from the area would be willing to meet up sometime and ride my bike? I'm trying to decide if the engine sounds normal or not but I just don't have a frame of reference.

Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
South Elgin checking in again...getting the itch already...need to do some maintenence and mods but she'll be ready for the season...hit me up for some riding anytime...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm looking for XX riders that are local get at me lets ride........I am not in now nor am I looking to join any clubs I just wanna RIDE.......
I'm also from dyer. I work at a small shop here in northwest Indiana. If you guys ever need help or just want somewhere to ride to, lemme know, our shop is always open. (when I'm awake, of course!)

·
BirdDog
534 Posts
I live @ 110 miles west of you just off I-80...and ride up the west coast of Michigan very often. New Buffalo and Saugatuck’s got great coffee shops that we frequent when passing thru. Let me know if you want to hook up with a bunch of addicts. We'll probably head that way on a day-ride this Sunday if the snow holds off...get to test my shiny new chain and sprockets...:evilaugh:

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
I'd so love to come ride with you guys...
I'm just soooo far away...
Do have a great ride though!

·
BirdDog
534 Posts
We're planning either a day ride Saturday or Sunday to Saugatuck or an overniter down to Madison Indiana this weekend. :evilaugh:

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Hey Chi town 'birders...probably gonna ride out to CIP tomorrow night for bike night...anyone wanna hang out for a bit?...let me know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts