Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this week I saw an XX heading down 83 in Elk Grove Village/Woodale area. It was a black XX and I saw it during the week at about 1:00 in the afternoon.

The second spotting was yesterday afternoon in downtown West Dundee. It was black XX with a 4-2-1 exhaust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just bought myself a Blackbird Wednesday, live in Mt. Prospect right near Elk Grove, however mine is Titanium (Silverish) with stock exhaust.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
I was wondering a similar thing the other day when I saw a Titanium 'bird heading south on randall rd. in south elgin. I've been thinking of trying to get all the Chicagoland 'birdies together for a lunch ride someday this season. Any takers, ideas? Not to thread jack here, but might be a good way to meet everybody in the area. Cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi xxnuyz, you guys could come up here were there are real roads,not all flat and straight:eyebrows:,outlawgibb and i would meet up also.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Gonna check the calendar and get back to this...sounds like fun...

·
Registered
21 Posts
To any and all above: YES! I've just gotten a chance to start discovering these bikes and am loving it already, but again, I'm still very new to it. I'd love a chance to check out some methods and mods other people have done (esp as far as hard luggage configurations) and get a chance to ride with some bikes that can keep up :) I would love the Wisconsin idea (assuming someone knows a good route not too close to milwaukee itself). Just let me know a date guys and I'll try and set it aside. My work is very flexible, just need to know in advance so I don't get booked that particular day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
know alot of roads around southern wisc,lake geneva.like taking rustic roads,have one road that i have gotten both wheels off the ground:eek:my work is pretty flexable also,lets all try to set up a date.

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Checking the calendar...my weekends are mostly full already...

6/20...freedom run (anybody wanna hook up for this?)
6/27...two backyard parties
7/4 ...possible trip to inlaws way up north
7/11-7/26...no live-in babysitter, would have to find backup
8/1...my kids birthday
rest of august is open so far...wife tends to fill my social calendar without me knowing...

will keep updating as I find out...would love to get some Chicago 'birds together and ride up to WI. and meet up with the WI. gang.

How is everybody else's calendar looking?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Believe I'm booked on the 20th for a camping trip, but I'm open to anyone elses suggestions for just about anything in the future. I'm single, no obligations other than work, and as long as its 2-3 weeks out, I can black myself out on the schedule those days. I also wouldn't be opposed to meeting up during the week sometime, as I tend to work on weekends sometimes and then take off during the week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually, on second thought, I'm actually camping IN lake geneva on that day, and since my friends are going to a Fish concert that day, I'd be good to take a ride with ya then too. Just let me know times and meeting spots. Hope to see as many XX's (and the modifications that have gone with them) as I can!

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
compuw22c you should post up an introduction thread and tell us a litte bit about yourself. Its a good way for people to get to know you a bit better. I'm in the windy city myself. Used to live in Mt. Prospect myself. Right by the train station.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, was anyone else interested in this "Freedom run" on the 20th? If you could give me a location and a time I should be able to make it...

·
Flyin' Lo and Free
686 Posts
Hey comp, I posted a thread about the run. If you want to join us, we are doing breakfast first. LMK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well this week I saw an XX heading down 83 in Elk Grove Village/Woodale area. It was a black XX and I saw it during the week at about 1:00 in the afternoon.

The second spotting was yesterday afternoon in downtown West Dundee. It was black XX with a 4-2-1 exhaust.
It sounds like me by time and location. No four into one. I've stock cans.
Yesterday I saw a Titanium CBRxx coming out of Crystal Towers on Busse and Algonguin. I've also seen a Blue XX in Sleepy Hollow while visiting my son in the Carrington subdivision just west of there. I live in Palatine and would like to meet for a ride some time.
99xx blk:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
bignoffo. Billypf's bike is blue and I think he's in sleepy hollow. I see that you have posted here before. If you haven't done an introduction thread you might want to consider doing that. Its a good way for you to tell us about yourself and for all us to give you a proper welcome. I'm in Chicago. Been trying to get out for a ride with the locals. XXNUTZ has been kind enough to post up some local rides so one day it just might happen.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Bill, what are you doing in Chi Town? When did you move?

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
No, bignoffo. Sorry Billy.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.