Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone!

I am the new owner of an absolutely gorgeous blue 2000 Blackbird with only 40,000km on it and a beautiful sounding Staintune dual exhaust. Had a poke around and seen that everyone here seems rather knowledgeable, so figured the smart thing was to sign on up.
First question.....what's the name of this colour, or is it just "blue"?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers! Normally they have that tag above them, so I am lost. Different design from my 97 US model I had way back when.....but the key isn't the one I'm used to for a HISS bike....and the key doesn't look like a chipped one, so extra confused.

The joys of moving to a different continent.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hello welcome 👍 yes its hiss, the black ring around where you put the key is the pick up for the chip in the key head....
If you have a non oem key they will still have a plastic top, and they will have the chip in it, I cant remember the exact chip number of the top of my head, but you can then off ebay to pop in the top of a non oem key, this will need setting up though with your ecm.
Theres a guy on YouTube with how to do them.
Post a picture of the key head.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ah, so it's the ring that gives it away.....fair enough. This is the key.....very thin, so the chip must be stupidly small. View attachment 134809
Yep and yep lol, looks like a you mite have an aftermarket key, and it must have a chip in it, I think there id46 carbon chip, there only small, but they do need pairing up with the ecm if you get another one.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Candy Phoenix Blue PB284C

Take your seat off. There ought to be a paint code label on the subframe (right hand side).

For other codes / colours see:

·
Administrator
9,704 Posts
If there not a lit yellow key symbol in the gauge face it doesn't have hiss. That ring is standard on all the bikes. If it has hiss there will be wires coming out of it as well.

Reactions: bikerian

·
Registered
41 Posts
G'day everyone!

I am the new owner of an absolutely gorgeous blue 2000 Blackbird with only 40,000km on it and a beautiful sounding Staintune dual exhaust. Had a poke around and seen that everyone here seems rather knowledgeable, so figured the smart thing was to sign on up.
View attachment 134797
That’s a lovely looking bike!
My 2000 Bird has a HISS light on the dash and yes my key looks very different. Otherwise enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
482 Posts
After reading some other posts as well as beestoys other posts, I mite have been wrong, I didn't realise that some other models around the world didnt have hiss, but like beestoys put, see if there's wires on the bottom of the black round plastic were the key goes.
Really nice bike though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts