Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what might give me the most performance upgrade in the $500-600 price range. The only performance upgrade so far are dual yoshi slip ons.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
A full Akro for $350 ? There's a deal.

If you miss out,drop the frt sprocket to 16t.Who needs 175 mph anyway? And you'll still have money for the Akro,but you'll have to save for the pc.

Oh,sell the Yosh slip-ons! There ya go.

·
NEED WORK!
7,451 Posts
I'd say a pc3 and a cam kit would complement this nicely!
Sell the yoshis and you can also afford the akra and go for 150Hp.....

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
If you switch from a pair of slip ons, with a pciii, to a full system, do you have to re-dyno the bike?

·
Registered
11 Posts
A full Akro for $350 ? There's a deal.

If you miss out,drop the frt sprocket to 16t.Who needs 175 mph anyway?

How much difference would this make? also, i have a k&n and just ordered a full d&d system. what do i do about the jetting?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
How much difference would this make? also, i have a k&n and just ordered a full d&d system. what do i do about the jetting?
Not sure if you mean the sprocket or the pipe?

16t=quicker acceleration,less speed per gear,easier wheelies.Don't panic about the wheelie comment if you dont like lofting the frt wheel,I can ride hard and fast and never lift the front.Its a subtle but fun change.

Pipe=noticeable power increase,you'll love twisting the throttle more.D&D's are notoriously loud,so I hope you like that.As for jetting,my bird is f.i. and although I have jetted my 600 a dozen times,there's no doubt someone on here who can tell you what's just right.

I would guess 2 larger on the mains and 1 washer under the needle.
Or buy a jet kit like everybody else.$10 -20 dollars or $100 plus.

X

·
0 Posts
Shell V Power Premium fuel. It does make a difference. Doesn't soot the pipes up either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if you mean the sprocket or the pipe?

16t=quicker acceleration,less speed per gear,easier wheelies.Don't panic about the wheelie comment if you dont like lofting the frt wheel,I can ride hard and fast and never lift the front.Its a subtle but fun change.

I know we don't need to be goin 170 mph n all but just wonderin, how much top speed would I loose? I'm not much for wheelies but I love torque. If it could lift up without clutchin it, I think i'll like it.

I took the K&N off to see if it would stop sputtering and it did so I think that's a dead give away for a jetting problem. I'll start a thread about jetting if I can't find any info elsewhere. Thanx

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
It will lift with just throttle and a 16t. Easy.

I don't know what you'll lose mph top gear. 16/45 I have gone down a wide open highway where the scenery was getting blurry....indicated 280 kph on the out to lunch speedo.I don't care what the speedo said,the world was going by quickly.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts