Honda CBR XX Forum banner

Cheap Ebay HID & Projector kit

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cadtrev1 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I just bought an Ebay Projector kit from this link https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-2-5-Mot...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I will be documenting the retrofit here with pics.

Hopefully hopefully the projector isn't as crappy as I think it will be, I plan to replace the projectors with Morimoto H1 7.0s in the future if they suck, but right now I'm working with my budget and I rather like the Devil Eye Halo Eye combo.

Let me know what you guys think, did I totally waste my money on junk, or does it have potential?

Any tips on how to mount these before I crack open the housing? Figure Ill just mount the ballasts on top of the housing in the nose cone.

Technology Auto part Electronic device Electronic component

Should look something like this when it is done. Should I paint the stock reflector housing flat black?
Automotive lighting Vehicle Headlamp Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
So my phone/camera went out of commission last night which just so happened to be the night before the retrofit... I'm about halfway through right now, it's not a bad install at all. Very self explanatory. Will post pictures of the final product. I went ahead and painted the reflector plate black since it's no longer being used. I baked my housing for 7 minutes at 270F came apart pretty easily

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.