Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I just bought an Ebay Projector kit from this link https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-2-5-Mot...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I will be documenting the retrofit here with pics.

Hopefully hopefully the projector isn't as crappy as I think it will be, I plan to replace the projectors with Morimoto H1 7.0s in the future if they suck, but right now I'm working with my budget and I rather like the Devil Eye Halo Eye combo.

Let me know what you guys think, did I totally waste my money on junk, or does it have potential?

Any tips on how to mount these before I crack open the housing? Figure Ill just mount the ballasts on top of the housing in the nose cone.

projector kit.jpg

Should look something like this when it is done. Should I paint the stock reflector housing flat black?
goals.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ade, Is that the kit you're running in your bike? i was looking into it, but it is twice as much as mine. Those morimotos have a great rep

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I use a pot of hot water from the tap. I never measured the temperature but my tap water is way too hot to put your bare hand in. About 5 minutes in that and they come apart fairly well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So my phone/camera went out of commission last night which just so happened to be the night before the retrofit... I'm about halfway through right now, it's not a bad install at all. Very self explanatory. Will post pictures of the final product. I went ahead and painted the reflector plate black since it's no longer being used. I baked my housing for 7 minutes at 270F came apart pretty easily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts