Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just installed my new aftermarket pipes however I've noticed an issue with the chain touching the centre stand, as per photos below.

The rubber stopper is stopping the centre stand however it is not enough and as a result the chain is touching the stand.

I have wiggled with the mid pipe but this is the best position of the rubber stopper however it is still not enough to stop the contact.

Unfortunately I did not take a photo or 2 of the stock pipes and how was the situation regarding this, but I believe that centre stand should not touch the chain, it seems dangerous to me?!?

Thoughts please, thanks.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,660 Posts
Quick fix. Get the old stopper and glue it to top of this one. Justa thought.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same sort of thing with my delkavic end cans, I got a center stand bracket of ebay, just type in cbr1100 center stand bracket and it should show up, £29.50 plus post. They say they send to Australia as well. Pretty simple piece of kit, but its adjustable and works.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same sort of thing with my delkavic end cans, I got a center stand bracket of ebay, just type in cbr1100 center stand bracket and it should show up, £29.50 plus post. They say they send to Australia as well. Pretty simple piece of kit, but its adjustable and works.

Thanks, looks like a solid idea.
I have informed the manufacturer (who claim they sold hundreds of cans for BB and never had an issue). They asked for the following:
  1. Please confirm your gearing front and rear (mine is 17/44 as far as I can tell)
  2. a picture of your stock system fitted and clearance with centre stand in up position
  3. a picture of the bike from the left hand side showing chain adjustment
  4. a picture of your bike from the rear with our system fitted

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
While you wait for the manufacturer to sort this out for free, install a hose clamp on the stand so that the head of the clamp bears against the stopper. This should push it out of the way.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,341 Posts
Beestoy makes a stopper that is easy-to-use/install. He was going to make another batch of them and may have a few. Simple and works great with my aftermarket pipes with no stopper setup. Also has an adjustable stopper too. I like a few of the suggestions above for a quick short term fix too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kavallero and ptxyz

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Fellow Fighter Pilot! Just adding my two cents here! The stopper looks like this... Made my own but you may be able to source one from Beestoys pending on his production and availability.

WRAPPED AND READY FOR INSTALLATION. USED OLD GAS TANK RUBBER STOPPER FROM CB900F
AS MY BUMP STOP...

THIS IS ROUGHLY THE SPOT ILL NEED TO TIGHTEN THE BOLT. UNTIL SWINGARM AND RIM ARE IN PLACE
(waiting on ordered parts) CAN ONLY GUESS THE POSITION FOR NOW.

OR the above mentioned ideas are also good but as mentioned as short term solutions. Hope that helps!

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
Hey Fellow Fighter Pilot! Just adding my two cents here! The stopper looks like this... Made my own but you may be able to source one from Beestoys pending on his production and availability.

WRAPPED AND READY FOR INSTALLATION. USED OLD GAS TANK RUBBER STOPPER FROM CB900F
AS MY BUMP STOP...

THIS IS ROUGHLY THE SPOT ILL NEED TO TIGHTEN THE BOLT. UNTIL SWINGARM AND RIM ARE IN PLACE
(waiting on ordered parts) CAN ONLY GUESS THE POSITION FOR NOW.

OR the above mentioned ideas are also good but as mentioned as short term solutions. Hope that helps!
Lovin set it against the front frame as you have in your last post and torque it down. That's the correct placement/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep, the one I got off ebay is very similar to the other ones other people have mentioned, I got it not just because of the delkavic can rubber bung being out of place for the centre stand, but also because I did the 6mm shim on the shock and my chain was very close to the centre stand so with the adjustable bolt on it, I can put the centre stand were I want it when it's up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks bees, it's hard to post anything to concentration camps (I learned recently), as I've never been in one, but Australia is now exactly that (yes I'm ashamed of being an Aussie, for the first time in my life).

The original rubber stopper on the aftermarket mid-pipe is not sufficient to stop the centre stand from touching the chain ... pity they didn't do their research before production ..

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive lighting Rim

Lucky, I found something suitable and adjustable at Bunnings

Automotive tire Finger Rim Household hardware Gas

Here we go

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

Problem solved, plenty of clearance + it's adjustable!

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
Very cool. Once you guys throw off the yoke of oppression we can get you a stop for your 4 into 1 system.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Guys, anyone need one EU side im the guy who sells them on EBay. Anyone need one PM me, it'll be cheaper than the EBay one. For States side beestoys is the man.

·
Administrator
9,296 Posts
Hmm haven't thought about ebay ade might be an alternative.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It would be good that the manufacturers of the aftermarket exhausts do their due homework, and sell a product that works out of the box, rather than requiring a buyer to muck around and modify a product they already paid a full price for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts