Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a centershtand off a more common bike. I cant find a center stand at not a redicoulous price. I hate not having one and i understand the usa bikes didnt come with one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, i cant find my glasses so i cant see what i typed. So if spelling is ogf forgive

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
All XX's in North America were equipped with centerstands. If you need one, I have them. If you're in a hurry, I'm not your guy.

And be wary..........they get bent in crashes and don't sit straight. If buying from an unknown, seeing a picture of the bike is often helpful. Lots of left side slidage is a red flag. Of course, price commensurate with condition.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info. Im not in a hurry...its just a pain in butt to not have. Besides im carbed...so there is more gas buildup in one cylinder.

So how do i go about obtaing one from ya.
All XX's in North America were equipped with centerstands. If you need one, I have them. If you're in a hurry, I'm not your guy.

And be wary..........they get bent in crashes and don't sit straight. If buying from an unknown, seeing a picture of the bike is often helpful. Lots of left side slidage is a red flag. Of course, price commensurate with condition.
Thank you for the info. Im not in a hurry...its just a pain in butt to not have. Besides im carbed...so there is more gas buildup in one cylinder.

So how do i go about obtaing one from ya.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Tell me you want one. Something like "Please sell me a centerstand. I'll message you my address" works really well.

Seriously, I'll mark you down on my whiteboard under "things to look for." Figure $20 or so shipping to Texas, right? These just don't fit in a sensible sized box unless you cut the extension off, then they are not so useful. I've read a few of your posts, but don't remember if you have a stock exhaust or not. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you'll have to have some sort of centerstand stop or it will ride on the chain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me you want one. Something like "Please sell me a centerstand. I'll message you my address" works really well.

Seriously, I'll mark you down on my whiteboard under "things to look for." Figure $20 or so shipping to Texas, right? These just don't fit in a sensible sized box unless you cut the extension off, then they are not so useful. I've read a few of your posts, but don't remember if you have a stock exhaust or not. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you'll have to have some sort of centerstand stop or it will ride on the chain.
I have a 98 with 2 pipes. I know there are yoshi shortpipes ( i hate) on there. They seem to bolt on a flange right at rear foot pegs.

Yes i definately want to be on that look for list. And its louisiana.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts