Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started with the centerstand first. Sorry didn’t take pics of this procedure but it’s the same for the sidestand so the pics should help. Put the bike on the sidestand. Now, pull down on the center stand and roll the rubber spring protector back over itself exposing the springs. Starting at the lowest point on the springs insert a washer between the coils and keep this up until you have about 10-12 washers in place…see pic of removed spring. Now when you raise the center stand the spring can’t retract fully and it comes off the holding peg under the bike. Leave the washers in place when for when you reassemble the stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two 14mm bolts with washers hold the stand in place. Undo the bolts and washers and the stand should just come off with a little fidgetin. Also ther will be two, one on each side, bushing for the sand that the bolts go thru and allow the stand to pivot. CAREFULL!!!!! There is also a very skinny spring washer on the Right side bushing that can easily be misplaced . That one goes between the right side bushing and the stand.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When completely dry reassemble the center stand with the bushings and right side spring washer up under the bike and insert and tight the 14mm bolts.. Now attatch the springs to the peg under the engine and the kickstand attachment loop. Start removing the washers one by one and the spring tension will slowly tighten against the peg and loop and your done.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now for the sidestand. Put the bike on the center stand. lower the sidestand and again, insert the washers between the coils enough so that the spring opens enough to allow it to slip off the attachment peg and remove it from under the bike. Easy and NO pinched fingers. 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remove the 8mm bolt holding the sidestand electrics and put it in a small jar/pan/ box . Now remove the 14mm bolt and nut that holds the sidestand on and wiggle it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Degrease, clean, wipe down with mineral spirits and let dry, then paint. When completely dry reassemble and your finished. Easy job and it will look great.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here’s better pics of washers and springs on reassembly. Tighten the bolts, don’t forget to align the pin and hole on sidestand for the electronic switch before tightening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have found the best and cheapest cleaner to be kerosene (aka paraffin depending on where you are in the world) applied using a small spray bottle. Sold in any hardware store in pint or gallon containers.
Edit; I mean litres, sorry Mr. metric system.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Degrease all pieces, dry and wipe down with Paint thinner or mineral Spirits, let dry and paint. I used Black,two coats followed by two coats of clear. View attachment 132648
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! Really nice job! Actually you inspired me to paint my own and that of my brother's CBR600F4! Powder coated my last stands, now curious to see how it will hold up against 8 coats of black and 4 coats of clear! Now just have to clean the other bits and I'm done. Thanks again and GREAT post!
Wood Bicycle part Auto part Composite material Hardwood

Triangle Bicycle frame Wood Bicycle part Bicycle fork

1 - 16 of 16 Posts