Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a CBR 1100xxx Super Blackbird 1999 cam chain tensioner went out I never replaced it now it runs rough with a knock at low RPMs if I get to RPM tile the problem is non-existent but as soon as you slow down to slow RPMs the bike will try to die out and cut out just change the wiring harness in it and it ran great for a week with a new computer in it went to start it one morning and it acted as if it was carbureted like it was warming up and then once it warms up it stop spitting and sputtering and it's good but the problem only got worse it would not let me go over 95 so I killed the boy restarted it and then it ran again but low RPMs is dying out like it wasn't getting the fuel needed what could this be someone help please

·
Super Moderator
8,128 Posts
Is the bad cct still in there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2002 did the same exact thing and I found that the Fuel Pressure value was bad plus I also replaced the rubber seals of the value sleeve as well. I believe on
all the bikes it's located on the right said of the gas tank underneath, pretty easy to get to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a CBR 1100xxx Super Blackbird 1999 cam chain tensioner went out I never replaced it now it runs rough with a knock at low RPMs if I get to RPM tile the problem is non-existent but as soon as you slow down to slow RPMs the bike will try to die out and cut out just change the wiring harness in it and it ran great for a week with a new computer in it went to start it one morning and it acted as if it was carbureted like it was warming up and then once it warms up it stop spitting and sputtering and it's good but the problem only got worse it would not let me go over 95 so I killed the boy restarted it and then it ran again but low RPMs is dying out like it wasn't getting the fuel needed what could this be someone help please
My bike 2003, has just started doing the same thing. Very smooth at higher rpm and almost feels like I'm running out of gas at lower RPM. Looking forward to hear what you find. And thanks for this forum!

·
Registered
405 Posts
My bike 2003, has just started doing the same thing. Very smooth at higher rpm and almost feels like I'm running out of gas at lower RPM. Looking forward to hear what you find. And thanks for this forum!
I think what djmidwest6588 brought up is relevant for your issue. I also have an 03 and had same symptoms. New FPR solved it. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. If you do a search on this site for Fuel Pressure Regulator you will find a lot of discussions on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts