Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Hi CanadianBird in what price you bought OEM?
I think I paid $35 and shipped it to my Washington St address in Point Roberts. No fuss, no muss, no taxes, and fill my gas tank for 30 cents a litre cheapers. Tillimook cheese and Organic Valley farmer owned butter. It's a win win for me.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Helm's prices are good, but their shipping fees are excessive.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Shew,
As I'm on the border I use a U.S. mail drop service. This no doubt helps keep the shipping in check to some degree. That said, printed materials end up pushing some weight limits and come with the cost associated with that aspect. Although CD and related on-line formats may be free, cheap, or carry lower shipping/mailing cost they are still not a factory bound manual that you can have on the bench top. Yeah I know there are ways around that lack of a hard copy (i.e.: print your own hard copy from you media files), but you get my drift I think.

Tony

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I spent a buck and a half with Helm Inc. as I'd been wanting to get a copy of the CBR-1000RR service manual and parts manual and a couple "Honda" binders. Total cost for shipping/handling was $6:00, and $9.00 State sales tax as Helm are in Michigan and my shipping address is also a Michigan address, ergo I pay the sales tax. Cost on top of these will be a) bridge toll to pick up the package ($6.50) and another fee for handling at the drop location ($5.00). If I go with an empty fuel tank the trip is more then paid for with the re-fuel alone. There is also no "brokerage fees" which ,depending on carrier, can be a real deal breaker.

Tony

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Definitely the better way to go if you can do it. Now that I have a FLA address to send stuff it will be my preferred method. I think my last order from Helm ended up costing more to ship to Canada than the manual price. Thank you, UPS. :(

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
My manual is called Toshiba. But then I am a tree hugger at times.
I tried that but kept getting grease on the keyboard. Lol.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
My manual is called Toshiba. But then I am a tree hugger at times.

Yeah, but when you take it out to the garage you've got to keep washing your hands every time you touch the key board and that slows.....????????......Hey, wait a min.......mayyyyyybbbbbeeee that's not such a bad thing.

Tony "lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat" Bagley

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
As well as a Hanes I have a 1999-2003 Honda Service manual. 61MAT54 IPC750.2006.02 I had it delivered to my home not my American address. One member uses the cover pic as his avatar.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
With sites like Partzilla (and others) never thought I needed a PDF copy of a parts manual. You may need to find a site that caters to your geographic market ,as there are some diffs between market machines of the same model and year.

T.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts