Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
I thought i would open one of these and have a look and the 98 book shows a dash that has a FI light on it.. Considering that the first XX to be FI was the 99 then these are proberbly a bit generic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the links to Owners Manuals. I have tried to buy a manual from my dealer but apparently they are no longer available for the 1999 model.

I downloaded the doc from the 1999 link above but it is clearly for a later model since the manual shows a digital dash and states a 23l fuel tank (99 has 24 l). The 1998 manual looks more promising with analogue dials for speedo, tacho, temperature, fuel etc. As I understand it, the main difference between 98 and 99 models was the fuel injection and since the link to a 98 manual shows a PGM-FI indicator light on the dashboard then I think the so-called 98 manual is probably a 99-2001 manual.

Cheers.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the links to Owners Manuals. I have tried to buy a manual from my dealer but apparently they are no longer available for the 1999 model.
They are still available here

Whoops! Never mind, I see in another thread that you have already looked there. The shipping is a killer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A huge thank you to everyone responsible for putting useful info like this on the site.

Makes it easier for me to treat my 'bird with the respect it deserves.

·
Registered
980 Posts
www.helminc.com has pretty much every piece of Honda literature from 1959 to date.
They reprint all the books and FSMs you need to see. They have a lot of literature.
I have two Blackbird owners manuals for my Bird, one for record keeping and one that is new in the bag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the manuals .... just grabbed the 2002 manual for my 2004 ride as i don't think there was any major changes if anything at all until 2005 (please correct me if i am wrong)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, the 1998 manual appears to apply to later models because it refers to FI. But it's amazing what you can learn. I never knew they had helmet holders or a document compartment. I checked. Sure enough, my OEM Operator Manual fits perfectly where they say it should. I wonder if anyone has ever seen the U shaped locking device descrived in the manual? I always wondered what those other holders were for under the seat.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts

·
Registered
14,013 Posts

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts